ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting a 172 engine in a 1.6 16v

clio 1.6 16v
Hi will a 172 engine fit into a 1.6 16v shell and work off the 1.6 driveshafts ect. other than needing a 172 uch, key, ecu and 172 engine with ancillaries and gearbox.Please help

clio 1.6 16v
The problem is ive spent alot of money on it already, thats why i was hoping the 172 engine would fit ok.Do you know by any chance what parts i would need to do this conversion.Thanks

Danny_172

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The problem is ive spent alot of money on it already, thats why i was hoping the 172 engine would fit ok.Do you know by any chance what parts i would need to do this conversion.Thanks

Ah right... The drive shafts are different IIRC It will fit but like i say their is alot of hassle involved. Fred or Danny should be along to tell you the logistics of it :)

clio 1.6 16v
Hi thanks for the reply, would i need a new ecu and uch, other than that then i just need the engine and gearbox, any idea how much a garage would charge to do this.Thanks

Lionel Richie
its around a £3K job drive in drive out

keys
uch
ecu
looms
ABS and EPAS is a tw*t to sort, so i binned it on mine

clio 1.6 16v
Ill have to start saving up for it then, i might get some quotes from the loacal garage as hes been pretty good in the past with prices.Thanks