ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a 172 engine in a 1.6 16v

clio 1.6 16v
Hi will a 172 engine fit into a 1.6 16v shell and work off the 1.6 driveshafts ect. other than needing a 172 uch, key, ecu and 172 engine with ancillaries and gearbox.Please help

clio 1.6 16v
The problem is ive spent alot of money on it already, thats why i was hoping the 172 engine would fit ok.Do you know by any chance what parts i would need to do this conversion.Thanks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The problem is ive spent alot of money on it already, thats why i was hoping the 172 engine would fit ok.Do you know by any chance what parts i would need to do this conversion.Thanks

Ah right... The drive shafts are different IIRC It will fit but like i say their is alot of hassle involved. Fred or Danny should be along to tell you the logistics of it :)

clio 1.6 16v
Hi thanks for the reply, would i need a new ecu and uch, other than that then i just need the engine and gearbox, any idea how much a garage would charge to do this.Thanks

Lionel Richie
its around a £3K job drive in drive out

keys
uch
ecu
looms
ABS and EPAS is a tw*t to sort, so i binned it on mine

clio 1.6 16v
Ill have to start saving up for it then, i might get some quotes from the loacal garage as hes been pretty good in the past with prices.Thanks