ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a cherry bomb backbox to my 1.2 clio?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
I was curious of putting a cherry bomb to my car, don't really care about what people think of it i think it sounds quite nice!
Has anyone ever fitted one to there car and is it straight forward? I saw one get fitted on youtube, but not a clio he bascially unclipped the bolt or whatever it was, took off the back box then stuck it on and tightened it up. I was looking up on the internet and some people have said they have had to get it welded on which is not really what i wanted to hear. So I was curious do i have to actually get it welded on? Is it easy to fit? An would i have to notch out my rear bumper?

Let me make this clear. its you're car, but
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

2002 clio sport
so you want to be loud and go no where? think most will agree about not getting one, get a ktr stealth or a yozza system or something along them lines maybe with something with a little rasp that actually sounds nice

Inferno 225 cup
If your going to do it, do it properly, scaffold pipe with holes drilled on the tip.

Or just straight through scaffold....

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
CS is going down hill daily, i think new potential members should take an online quiz to see if they are aloud/would be good for the club.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Go away, close the door on your way out.
I'll leave it wide open just for you man. why the fu*k does it matter if i like something which you don't, You clearly knew what the thread was about so get on with your life mate. Hasn't even concern you clearly don't have much going on in you life right? The sites is about CLIO's which i'm on about a CLIO therefore jog on buddy.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
go to saxperience then, they might appreciate your taste more that we do.

I registered on there 6 months ago when I got my Saxo Track car.
I've posted about 10 times. 8 of the 10 were telling somebody how much of a bellend they were.

Inferno 182
K-Tec Stealth system looks and I'm sure sounds better than a cherry bomb. Like you said its up to you what you prefer. But just take in some of the criticism, guarantee over time you'll regret getting that exhaust. You have a 1.2, concentrate on its looks. Get some decent wheels, coilovers then leave it :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You may be surprised to hear this, but on this site we give honest opinions and want to help you improve your car, what you are doing is adding to the chav image the clio is starting to get a lot more recently. We don't want that and we are not about to start telling you something you think is good now is a good idea when it really isn't.

We are not c***s and we want to help but you have to allow us to.

Clio 197
Should be pretty easy to get fitted, don't think you need to weld them. Could be wrong.

Not a fan of them either, would be pretty funny to see though

phase 1 flamer 172
This guy asked how to do something, didnt ask for anyones opinion, this is whats wrong with this site.

RS6 C7
To be fair a cherry bomb is no more chavvy than a yozza / ktec to most of the general public. Most people turn around and think "Oh look a shitty clio with a loud exhaust"

And that goes for most people on here including myself lol!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair a cherry bomb is no more chavvy than a yozza / ktec to most of the general public. Most people turn around and think "Oh look a s**tty clio with a loud exhaust"

And that goes for most people on here including myself lol!
You've just gone down in my books :( lol

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
You may be surprised to hear this, but on this site we give honest opinions and want to help you improve your car, what you are doing is adding to the chav image the clio is starting to get a lot more recently. We don't want that and we are not about to start telling you something you think is good now is a good idea when it really isn't.

We are not c**ts and we want to help but you have to allow us to.
That's fine, No one will like everything its just one thing that i've liked recently if you was saying you should do blah blah to your car instead i'd take it in and most likely think about it. But surely if i like something for a clio doesn't mean i shouldn't be using the site should i? Therefore it is about clio's so i thought here out of all places would be helpful.

RS6 C7
You've just gone down in my books :( lol
LOL!

It's how we are viewed unfortunately :( Although my 2 are rather loud TBH!

Although to answer the op you would be better getting something like a Ktec stealth as atleast they sounds half decent ;)

clio 172 cup
there quite simple to fit in all honesty doesnt take long all you need is one of these:
binnn.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
You can fit a cherry bomb, but be aware mate that most cherry bombs are pretty much just open boxes - there is no design to them - hence why they are very cheap.

They also tend to be universal, which means the fit isn't great, and will end up coming out at a dodgy angle.

So the advise i can give is yes, it will fit but will need some modification to do so, but if you would like a louder exhaust then have a look around and get some that is designed for your car in the first place - this way you will be guarranteed a nice fit

Last edited:

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
LOL!

It's how we are viewed unfortunately :( Although my 2 are rather loud TBH!

Although to answer the op you would be better getting something like a Ktec stealth as atleast they sounds half decent ;)

I agree tbh.

Audi drives past at 90 on the motorway, no one realises. I drive past at 90... Omg, look how fast he's driving, chav!