ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a clio ITB'd 172 motor to a Williams shell????

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Guys I'm currently looking at different options for a weekend/track car,

Im thinking of fitting a ITB'd 172 motor to a Williams shell,

Is this a fairly simple job or are there a lot of hidden extras needed to make this work?

Can the Williams loom be used etc or not?

Any info would be great guys,

Cheers Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Check out threads by f0xy and Whiteley in the projects section.

Tbh, your best bet would be standalone if you're fitting bodies anyway.

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
I'll hae a look now bud thanks,

This I the list of goodies is be using,

ph1 motor (bigger exhaust ports), new cambelt last year, CatCam 421's and uprated ARP bolts,

ITB's

Jenvey 45mm throttle bodys, 90mm trumpets, Jenvey stainless steel fuel rail and braided fuel line, reverie carbon back plate, pipercross air filter, m8 coolant temp sensor, Omex 600 ecu, mapped for all the above on that engine 212.5bhp 178.9ftlb of torque,

Thanks

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
That's the one yes,

From what I can gather you need to mod the loom and fabricate a new down pipe engine swop seems straight forward enough,

Anything else I should look out for?

Thanks

2LTR 16V TURBO CLIO!
Cool mate thanks,

You seem to know your stuff remember your supercharged Clio you built,

You fancy doinf the conversion for me? Happy to pay any one who's up for it :)

SQ5
Ive just built another too ;)

I've been down most routes and helped out with others on routes I haven't taken so I know a bit about a lot of things!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Aftermarket definately the way to go, you can just about get bodies running on a speed density algorythm like the mk1 ecu uses, but its a massvie compromise and never going to be as good as doing it properly.

Trafic 140dci
I'll hae a look now bud thanks,

This I the list of goodies is be using,

ph1 motor (bigger exhaust ports), new cambelt last year, CatCam 421's and uprated ARP bolts,

ITB's

Jenvey 45mm throttle bodys, 90mm trumpets, Jenvey stainless steel fuel rail and braided fuel line, reverie carbon back plate, pipercross air filter, m8 coolant temp sensor, Omex 600 ecu, mapped for all the above on that engine 212.5bhp 178.9ftlb of torque,

Thanks
Hi, I knew you were interested but didn't know you want to buy them!?

Best you pm me ASAP as I have someone who is going to pay for ITB's today and someone else who wants the engine.

Would rather sell it all together tho...

Thanks

Lewis