ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a new fuel injector - 172 cup

172 cup
hello

my first post on here, so be gentle :p

I've got a missfire on my 172Cup, took it to renault today and they number 4 injector needs replacing, fair enough i said

asked how much they will charge and was informed £125 fitted for one injector :eek:

The woman on the service dept desk said the new injector needs coding to the engine, so only they can fit it? is this true? or can i fit one myself ?

I've used the search function on here and theres a few threads about fitting them, but nothing about having a new one "coded" are they pulling my pants down about this ?

big boost cup
hello

my first post on here, so be gentle :p

I've got a missfire on my 172Cup, took it to renault today and they number 4 injector needs replacing, fair enough i said

asked how much they will charge and was informed £125 fitted for one injector :eek:

The woman on the service dept desk said the new injector needs coding to the engine, so only they can fit it? is this true? or can i fit one myself ?

I've used the search function on here and theres a few threads about fitting them, but nothing about having a new one "coded" are they pulling my pants down about this ?

not coded ive changed mine enough. get signed up and have a look in the for sale section usually a few sets knocking about for lots less money

172 cup
cheers

I think i'll cancel having it doen on monday and collect my car from them tomorrow

I can get an injector from renparts on ebay for £32.50 delivered, that seems just the job :clap:

S4 Avant
While its relatively simple to change injectors, I'd leave them well alone if you're not sure what you're doing. All it takes is a split O-ring and you've got petrol pissing out all over a hot engine. That quoted price is not bad, considering the cost of a genuine injector.

ST TDCI
I did an injector the other day for the first time - easy peasy - just take your time - for info I bought a rail and 4 injectors for £25 so there are some bargins out there...

Ph1
While its relatively simple to change injectors, I'd leave them well alone if you're not sure what you're doing. All it takes is a split O-ring and you've got petrol pissing out all over a hot engine. That quoted price is not bad, considering the cost of a genuine injector.

The job is the same whether you know what your doing or not. Injector either pulls out or it doesn't.

Megane r26
tbh as long as where the o-ring seats is clean an debris free, o-ring is in good condition you can't go wrong. Just take your time an as a little test after spray abit of the soapy water around the injector seat an if the revs drop is not sealed

S4 Avant
The job is the same whether you know what your doing or not. Injector either pulls out or it doesn't.

When plugging the fuel line back into the fuel rail, you can easily split one of the two o rings on the plug. They be the ones I was referring to.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
When plugging the fuel line back into the fuel rail, you can easily split one of the two o rings on the plug. They be the ones I was referring to.

Agreed....but if you just put a fine smear of LM grease on the O-ring, it will fly in, otherwise if you dont, as said, will ruin it.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would like to see a "HOW TO" on changing injectors.

Im getting bad MPG and my EML light comes on with Bank One Sensor all the time even tho i have changed the sensor twice, Coli Pack, HT leads & Plugs.
Only thing left now is injectors.

172 cup
Thanks for all the advice folks

im going to try and fit the new injector myself, do I need to order anything else to do the job? I presume the new one will come with the relevant o rings?