ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting bucket seats on side mounts?

02 Clio 172
Hi seen a few Clios with buckets seats fitted using side mounts rather than runners, how have people done this as the bolt holes are offset from one side to the other by a couple of inches so just wondered how you get round this?

SQ5
You have to have a subframe for them to mount too. Can't mount them to the factory rails really.

02 Clio 172
I aren't trying to fix to standard runners, what I have is the side mounts that fasten to the side of new bucket seat and I was then hoping to bolt the new side mounts directly to the floor using the standard fixing points so the bucket would be completely fixed and it wouldnt move.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Yea the omp one there takes a bit of modification to sit level, could pack one side out with a strip of metal. Find Fletchers progress thread. Will show how out it is with the seat bolted down.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm currently modifying a standard Clio subframe. I'll get pics of the finished product soon.

SQ5
It says above several times.

You need to get a subframe that bolts to your original holes then mount side mounts to that

Mental 172 Cup
It also says above, I'm currently modifying a standard Clio subframe.

I purchased the OMP mounts in the end anyway. Want it to look pro.