ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting buckets....advice

Vectra :(
Hey all

Going to be fitting my buckets tomorrow, just checking a have everything and also that the bolts i need to go from the subframe to the seat are M8x1.25 and that i can reuse the renault bolts to fix the subframe. (cobra monaco seats by the way)

Also i got 3.9ohm resistors as heard reports on here of the 3.3ohm ones not doing the job right.

That sound right to you lot?

Rick

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
you need bolts to bolt the subframes to the car the ones on the standard renault subframes are captive,my mate turned my airbag light off with the clip

Any idea of the bolt sizes before i take one out? or is it a case of taking them out then going to try and fine the bolts?

Cheers mate

Chocolate Bar™
i'd just whip one out and then use it to match it up with.

again, on my old car i had the airbags and pretensioners taken off with clip as i couldnt be arsed to use resistors or any of that.

How much was it to have it done by clip middo mate?

Looks like i will be going down the remove seats, nip to buy some bolts, fit seats route :( Oh well

Any closer to getting the sunflower back mate?

Get strengthened M8 bolts and nylock nuts, you'll want some washers too. The ones you can buy in do it yourself shops are soft as s**t and WILL SHEAR OFF if put under load. I used some I got through work so not sure where you would source them from tbh.

Chocolate Bar™
How much was it to have it done by clip middo mate?

Looks like i will be going down the remove seats, nip to buy some bolts, fit seats route :( Oh well

Any closer to getting the sunflower back mate?

think it was £25. still got no idea when its gonna be back to be completely honest.