ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting camber shims

I dont know if the methods of doing this are much different between sport/nonsport

if they arent or are, does anyone have a guide/instructions how to fit camber shims

what tools and how hard the job is etc

cheers :cool:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
there is no difference

Take off the drum

unbolt the stubaxle from the beam. Spacer/shim in. Reassemble and tighten hub to 175nm

Can't remember the size of the torx bits but make sure you have good quality tools as they will be tough to undo. Clean the exposed thread on the otherside before removing.

It's an easy job if you are patient.

there is no difference

Take off the drum

unbolt the stubaxle from the beam. Spacer/shim in. Reassemble and tighten hub to 175nm

Can't remember the size of the torx bits but make sure you have good quality tools as they will be tough to undo. Clean the exposed thread on the otherside before removing.

It's an easy job if you are patient.

Cheers,

I've got the torx heads and spanners

How hard is the drum to remove?

Focus st170
I've put shims on my clio with drums it's easy. Jack the car up take off the wheel. Then just undo the 4 bolts on the back of the drum (don't drop the drum when undone) then put the shim between the rear beam and drum and tighten back up. You don't have to take the drum apart or anything.