ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting coilovers - what bolts to replace with new?

I will be fitting coilovers soon, and Im thinking it would be worthwhile replacing some of the old bolts/nuts while Im doing it.

For example, the bolts and nuts which attach the shocks to the hubs.

What else it worth changing?

And more importantly, where can I get them from? Does anyone have part no.s?

182 Turbo
you should be supplied the nuts and bolts that attach the shock to the hub with any decent coilover, they may even be camber bolts, if not you can buy your own camber bolts, presuming its not a coilover that adjusts camber from the top mount

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
you should be supplied the nuts and bolts that attach the shock to the hub with any decent coilover, they may even be camber bolts, if not you can buy your own camber bolts, presuming its not a coilover that adjusts camber from the top mount

Never seen H&R, Bilstein, BC, AST, KW come with new bolts before.

Rarely need replacing unless the nut is rounded on the lower strut bolts tbh.

182 Turbo
Never seen H&R, Bilstein, BC, AST, KW come with new bolts before.

Rarely need replacing unless the nut is rounded on the lower strut bolts tbh.

Maybe its just Gaz then, or maybe its just because i bought them from kamracing. At the price of some of the top tier coilovers in comparison to the value of the car its pretty shocking they wouldnt send new bolts, they arent really needed but its a nice novelty.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Maybe its just Gaz then, or maybe its just because i bought them from kamracing. At the price of some of the top tier coilovers in comparison to the value of the car its pretty shocking they wouldnt send new bolts, they arent really needed but its a nice novelty.

Yeah it would be nice if they did.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai agreed would be nice little touch, but as a general rule completely unnecessary, the stock stuff will outlast the car most of the time provided its not abused with air ratchets etc

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/nuts-and-bolts.814078/

Hi Neil..
I've condensed the info I have on the suspension bolts.
View attachment 1348506
The caliper backing / top plate I ended up reusing the original bolts as the top plates use the shank of the bolt to locate and is a special size bolt.

I also spec'd these bolts to get the required shank length, they will need cutting down to suit, or you'll have excess thread out the end of the nut.

I bought the bolts from Cromwell and have listed the part code.

Hope that helps.