ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting components into clio 1.4rt Mk1

Hi guys, Ive just bought a new set of component speakers (pioneer e-motion ones) for the front of my clio 1.4rt. They are 5.25" so i can easily swop over the mid speaker for the ones already in the door. I know there are tweeters already located in the dash, so can I just swop them over for the new pioneer ones without having to worry about wiring up the crossovers that came with the new speakers? Sorry if this is a stupid question, Im a bit new to all this :D

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

You will need to use the crossovers that came with the speakers. The main issue you will have is getting the speaker cable through to the doors as, to do it properly, you need to drill a couple of holes in the wiring plugs on each door. Once youve done that, you need to tap into the speaker wire from the head unit (assuming youre not running them from an amp) and connect them to you crossover. The crossover then connects up to your new speakers.

p.s components generally sound a lot better when run off a seperate amp.

Rick

ok, so is the speaker wire going to the stock 5.25" speakers that are in there at the moment full range? ie can this be used to plug into the amp terminal on the crossover? (im gonna get a seperate amp when i can afford it). then i would run speaker wire from the crossover to the new mid/bass speaker, and wire through the door up to a new location for the tweeters, somewhere on the dash would be best i presume? where are crossovers normally mounted?

ok when u do this you can use the wire that is already there and crimp to wire of the components to these. however this is not ideal and will de grade ur quality, but is an easier option. this is how i have done mine for now until i have more time to run new wire (drilling out the plugs) to the speakers. take a bit of working out to ensure you are using the correct wires but can get there with not too much of an issue

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i did mine and it took me about 7 hours !!!

it WILL take you a lot less time hehe

i wasnt certain if the signal on the wire going into the door speaker was full range, so to make sure i fed wire into the doors, which was by far the hardest part of the whole job

i mounted my tweeters where the OE tweeters were

definitely wire in the crossover that came with them !

id definitely put them on an amp, and it jus so happens im selling one of my Alpine amps, its in perfect condition and i still have the original box for it

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=100505&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=100505&PagePosition=1

a few hours have passed, and ive fitted sum 6x9s in the back, and have been attempting to fit the components in the front. mounted the tweeters up on top of the dash, but struggling with the wiring! renault seem to have neglected to colour code wires. i was going to mount the crossover in the space which was previously occupied by the factory tweeters (ie inside the dash), this makes it easy to run the short wire from the new tweeters on top of the dash down to the crossover. however, to get a full range signal into the crossovers is a problem as all the wires look the same! going to see sum1 who knows what they doing 2moro, hopefully he can see a solution!

anyway, ill post back wiv results

ps, does anyone know which colour the positive/negative wires for the rear speakers are? not sure if ive connected the 6x9s with the right polarity.

amps will come after next months pay packet lol!