ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting decat, help!

182 Trophy Cup
Hi guys, so I've had my 182 for a few weeks now and it's great and sounds amazing when I'm feeling heavy footed (all the time), I bought it already with a custom made full exhaust system which according to the service history was done at Blue Flame Performance in Lancashire however I'm thinking about fitting a decat and this is where I need help..

a) Is it simply a case of cat converter off and decat on with a few nuts and bolts or is there more to it?

b) Is there a standard decat pipe people buy or is there a variety?

Any help is appreciated!!

LY FF182
It is as simple as a few bolts. Check if your current exhaust still has the olive joint joining the cat and centre section or if it's been sleeved already . Then buy a olive joint decat or a sleeve fit decat.

Undo do the lambda sensor, unbolt each end taking note of the order the spring/washer/gasket goes at the manifold end then bolt it back together with the decat

LY 182
Best to use a new mani-cat gasket aswell as they are like a taperd woven piece of metal that get crushed to fit, if you reuse the old one its likely to blow unless you cover ot in exhaust cement and leave it to dry before starting the car,

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Im about to do this, so i have the yozza sport system... and about to purchase the yozza decat...

do i need a fitting kit?.. or anything else?