ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting harness backplates

ZX6R B1H
For thoses who have fixed buckets and 4 point harnesses...

Where did you weld the backplate?

I'm thinking of going under the car and welding it from the underneath, so the backplate acts as a load spread thats for the left hand harness. The right hand part again im thinking of going under the car and welding to the floorpan, The std seatbelt mounting is the wrong bolt size for the eyelet so i cant use this however i could drill the thread out and weld the back plate in line with the hole as they have an extra supporting section behind them

Im not really fussed about how they look or where they go just as long as they do their job lol.

Pics of yours would be pretty handy :d

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just buy some correct sized eyebolts??

Got to be a lot easier than all that caper!!

ZX6R B1H
lol, too late now. i've already bought them. i just went for the usual size never had a problem in any of the vauxhalls lol. The two rear fit fine and dandy. I've also purchased the backing plates now so may as well get them welded in place.