ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting pure motorsport slip in 10mm wheel spacers

172 cup
Hello, I’ve recently brought some puremotorsport slip on wheel spacers 10mm, I have a 172 cup. I’m new to the whole spacer scene and just jumped onto the band wagon without doing any research prior to buying them. Another clio sport owner pointed me in the direction off buying them as he has them on his with no issues whatsoever, Same car/wheels etc. When I drive over 60mph I get a violent steering wheel shake, the wheel only just sits on the hub. Brand new brakes all round so the spacers sits flush. Any advice because I can’t send them back and feel like I’ve wasted £105 🙄 sorry I started a new thread but struggled to find a thread with my problem.

Attachments

• DD1E2C9D-866E-4571-8B67-F3F0437669CC.png
    DD1E2C9D-866E-4571-8B67-F3F0437669CC.png
    577.8 KB · Views: 67

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Take them off immediately and don’t drive on them again if they’re barely touching the face of the hub. You may need hubcentric ones or a stud and nut kit from PMS will sort it and make it safe, not expensive either

172 cup
Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I wanted the hub centric ones but my dad ordered the wrong ones for an Xmas present, but he ordered the slip on ones and opened the packaging meaning I couldn’t send them back. Would the stud and nut definitely stop the vibration?
Thanks

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Wow they were a lot more expensive than I was expecting! A stud and nut kit may well sort your issue but 10mm all round isn't going to give you the best result.
The general concensus with cup offset turini's is 10mm rear and 16mm front spacers to give the best look. And for the rear the pms stub axle spacers are the best choice. The stub axle bolts can be a royal pain to remove though!

172 cup
Wow they were a lot more expensive than I was expecting! A stud and nut kit may well sort your issue but 10mm all round isn't going to give you the best result.
The general concensus with cup offset turini's is 10mm rear and 16mm front spacers to give the best look. And for the rear the pms stub axle spacers are the best choice. The stub axle bolts can be a royal pain to remove though!

I know! Me either. If I knew thatthe price would add to that I wouldn’t of bothered. Especially with the hassle I’m getting from it. I’ll try sell these and then get the hub centric for front and the axle spacer for the rear. Thanks for the help, can’t see why pms would sell these especially if this is the issue. Should of checked before hand really but I just 4x100 wheel spacers would work especially only 10mm.

monaco 172
I seem to remember when I ordered my hubcentric ones from pure they said that some models of the MK2 have a longer lip sticking out for the spacer to sit on so can get away with a 10mm spacer, but in most cases if you don't go hubcentric then 5mm is the max you should go.

But that aside I'm not sure why it makes a difference as the wheel nuts are tapered to hold the wheel central anyway.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember when I ordered my hubcentric ones from pure they said that some models of the MK2 have a longer lip sticking out for the spacer to sit on so can get away with a 10mm spacer, but in most cases if you don't go hubcentric then 5mm is the max you should go.

But that aside I'm not sure why it makes a difference as the wheel nuts are tapered to hold the wheel central anyway.

Wheel nuts are tapered for centralising the fastener. The loads subjected to a wheel even at low speeds far exceed what a stud/bolt could cope with in terms of wheel location.
Wheels need to be held in position by a central mandrel. The bolts/studs/nuts are only there to stop the wheel falling off.