ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Servo Vacuum pipe on a 182!

182 Clio
My Vacuum pipe has collapsed causing the brake pedal to go hard and lose braking.
Has anyone fitted a new pipe behind the heatshield and can offer any advice how best to do this?
So far I have removed the original pipe up to the point it connects to the servo. I can't actually see where it connects working from above.
Should I remove anything to make life easier. Don't say the engine!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, done loads and it is a fairly easy task. You will need the drivers wheel off to give better access to the servo end of the pipe which you will see once the wheel is off and the rear arch liner is out of the way.

Then you just pull it off and route it correctly around the brake pipes and on to the bulkhead. Just be careful to remove the pipe from all clips otherwise you'll break things when you start pulling like mad.

Mick

182 Clio
Thanks a lot Mick. I have unclipped it from the bulkhead so far. I will jack it up tonight and see what I find.
I Just ordered a new hose from Renault it was pricey but safety first.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, i've replaced a few of them (on the same lunatics cars) and they aren't cheap but it's better than having the brake pedal go solid.

Mick

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'm having similar problems with my 182 cup. Sometimes when I ask the car to stop quickly I get a hard pedal. Is it the pipe or is there a t-valve somewhere?