ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Side Skirts, Help!!

1.2 16v
hi, i have a mk2 dynamique and wish to fit my side skirts,

they came with no bolts or pre drilled holes or anything just the skirts.

i bought tiger sealant which is suposed to be strong as hell.

so any tips on fitting and would anyone suggest to drill and fit rivets or anything??

all help needed, thanks!

Breaking A 172 Replica
Are they 172/182 ones or replicas?

I would do two holes in either arch, screws along the bottom into the sill and then sealant on the top join.

Sam

Punto/Clio GTT
its generally put them on to see if they fit first, get someone to hold it for you, then drill with a 1/8th drill bit through the skirt and into the sil, screw in some self tappers all the way along.

take the sideskirts off again and put a nice bead of bonding addhesive right the way along the top (about 2 inch away from the edge) any closer and as you push it to your car the excess will spill out and youll be in deep s**t then. - very messy.

push it to your car and hold it on with masking tape, like do about 10 strips from your sil upto your windows. put a couple of self tappers into the side if you can too.

Punto/Clio GTT
self tapping screws.

basically you just tighten them up to whatever you want screwing and they create their own hole.

Mate, Tiger Seal on it's own will hold them on. My g/f's replica skirts have been on for over a year and not budged. No screws or bolts, just sealant.

Punto/Clio GTT
Mate, Tiger Seal on it's own will hold them on. My g/f's replica skirts have been on for over a year and not budged. No screws or bolts, just sealant.

only thing ide say against this, although tigerseal will hold anything perfectly well, is that the self tapping screws help hold the skirt in place while the sealer goes off.

1.2 16v
ok, there are no directions on the sealent tube so how long will it need to dry, also is it ok to squeeze the tube or does it need to be attached to one of those gun things? also i need to do a bit of fillering on the top, any tips for this, there are just a few scratches and chips as theyre fibre glass, thanks

Punto/Clio GTT
if it needs repairing (the side skirt) then repair it before it goes anywhere near your car.

cant really give any advise on how to fix what you need fixing as i have no idea what the damage is like, need pics really.

as for the sealer, you will need a mastic gun yes.

it dries in around 4 hours although in bodyshops we generally leave stuff like this to dry overnight.

Monaco Blue 172
hi guys, mite sound kinda dumb??

but when u talk about screwing it at the bottom into the sil are u talking about actualy driling and screwing into the car body work ?? (the metal)

thanks

Punto/Clio GTT
^yup

its best to countersink the screws, so drill your hole, then use a drill bit as large as the head of the screw, spot weld drill bits are ideal. then screw it up, grind the head off a bit if needed, then filler over it