ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting springs...

SchwepTek™
Currently trying to dodge the rain to fit Cooksports.

Both bottom shock bolts out, one shock extends making a "kaleidoscope" noise and one seems solid....

One of them knacked?

330i. E30 Touring.
Only real way to test is to have the shocks off the car. Inspect visually. Should be no obvious leaks.

With the shock upright, stick a foot on the hub mounting and pull the thread up to extend. Should be firm, but moveable. Should be smooth, no skips or loose spots.

Noise isn't an issue as long as it's not too loud.

SchwepTek™
Awesome reply. Thank you.

No leaks from what I can see. Maybe one is "looser" than the other tho?

Also pushing down on the boot, should the movement stop after one rebound because mines doing it in two.

330i. E30 Touring.
If it's loose, it's worn. Not a huge issue as long as it's not slack or collapsing, just note that it will only get worse on stiffer springs. :)

SchwepTek™
Thank you. It's not my daily. Just a cheapo(ish) track project so I'll get a bit more life out of them before renewing all 4 or finding some coilies.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
They're cheap as chips, if you have doubts about them, £50 a side, some bearings and a tracking will see your handling at the top of its game..

If they seem good, use them as shocks come in 2 conditions, working or fked

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I can't remember the full backdown of the suspension but there's a few serviceable parts at the top..

I just had my gtt one in my hand which has a bearing, rubber donut, etc..

I'm sure when I change the Clio 182 shocks I replaced some bits because I was getting the knock where the top of the strut hits the body.