ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting uprated engine mounts - easy job?

evening folks

I've just bought the 2 uprated k-tec angine mounts, plus a new dog-bone mount from Renault (dog-bone already on is fine, but thought i'd put a new one on at the same time as the uprated ones)

how easy would it be to fit all 3 mounts on my own? (I've got a 2 tonne trolley jack from halfords to jack then engine up using wood under the sump) would it possible to change these on my own? or would it be best to ask somebody to help me?

how far do i need to jack the engine up? is it just a case of supporting the weight using the jack? or does the jack have to life the engine upwards? can i change the upper engine one first, leaving the other 2 till later? or do you have to slacken them all off first, the jack the engine up in the air to change even just one of them?

I'm not particulary good with spanners, i'm desperate to try and save some cash though and not take it to a garage

how long would a garage take to change all 3? if it's only about 2 hours, it might not be worth the hassle trying to change them myself and just swallow the cost and let a garage do it?

cheers folks

would probably take a garage less than 2 hours, but it comes down to a) how confident you are and b) whether you think a bit more of your time is worth more than a few £'s

its straight forward enough, so long as you support the engine there's not a lot than can go wrong. the only trouble i had was getting the old gearbox mount off the gearbox itself. needed a bit of persuasion.

if your not particularly good with spanners though, it could be worth atleast getting someone to give you hand.

yeh would be mate, even if its just someone to watch and make sure you dont do something silly :) like i said, its pretty straight forward.