ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing a scratch temporarily

Clio 172 cup
Ok this may sound a little stupid but here goes. Basically some idiot has scratched my car. It's deep enough to get a finger into but really thin and about 2 inches long. Anyway to cut a long story short I can't afford a respray for a few months and was wondering if there was a way of temporary fixing it until then ie. making it less visable.

If i lightly went over the scratch with the paint from my touch up pen, wiped off any suface excess and then clayed over the top of it, would this work? The idea being that after claying and maybe a bit of a polish, the only paint remaining will be inside the scratch.

Or is the clay just gonna do jack sh*t leaving me with a right mess? :S

Golf GTD Mk7
hmmm, depends how good of a detailer you are mate? It is possible to use a touch up pen, build up the layers of paint, flatten down by wet sanding and polish to bring the paint back. Not an easy job though and takes a while to build the layers. Failing that, just try and touch it up as precise as you can. Finger method with paint works ok, just polish off any excess either side of the scratch.