ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing An Airvent

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,
Does anyone know how easy it is to fix / replace one of the AirVents on the dash of a 172 (51 Plate)?
When i bought my car one of them was broken, all of the bits move seperately instead of together, you know where you direct the air when the AirCon / Fans are on...
Do you have to take the whole dash off or can you get in from somewhere else?
Thanks,
chris

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Depends if it's the outer or inner ones.

The outer ones are held in with screws and the dash top needs to come off to replace it. Think they're around £35 - £40 each.

The inner ones come as a pair with little rubber tools to get them in and all you need to do is pull all the broken bits out and slide the new one in. No need to undo anything at all, very quick and easy. Point the inner vents to the middle, push it in. The rubber tool stretches the surrounding plastic out without deforming the dash or breaking the vents. It's about £90 for the pair. Part number is 7701207857.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Thanks GR172, its the outer ones.... typical.
Oh well... I suppose id better get my haines manual out to find out how to remove the dash!.