ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing cracked iphone 5c screen

Clio 182
Alright,

Was wondering if anyone on here has replaced their own screen? I understand the iphone 5s screens are glued to the digitiser(?) so it's easier to replace as one assembly rather than replacing the screen by itself.

I've read varied reviews online about fixing yourself - but looking for feedback closer to home.

Apple seemingly charge £200+ to replace screen, and simplyfixit charge £99. The guy on the phone said it takes about an hour to replace,

Is it worth the risk trying to fix yourself or best just bite the bullet and pay the 'pros' - think I may already knw the answer ;)

Cheers

Yeah you need the digitizer kit, there about 30 quid.

Much easier to replace the screen on a 5 than a 4. The 4 you sort of have to dig through the back to get to the front screen. Where as the 5 the front screen comes off from the front, if you get what I mean.

Watch a you tube guide you will see what I mean.

Has anyone had their 5S screen replaced? Mine got cracked today, Apple want about £110 I think, anyone had experience using anyone else?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
http://www.replacebase.co.uk/apple-...ment-white---original-4161-p.asp#.VCRhAIp4XCQ
You'll need the pentalobe screwdriver and the plastic lever kit and suction cup is useful too.
I replaced my colleague's 5S screen and mine and another's batteries. The screen is a bit more fiddly but as long as you're careful and you don't drop any of the very small screws, it's all easy enough. There's one non ferrous screw next to the compass that is a b**ch to put back but other than it's fine. Takes about 45 minutes. Save yourself £90. Just remember there's no warranty if you f**k it up whereas Apple or an indie repair shop will give you a new phone if they do.