ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK Problems

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
14 weeks ago i ordered FK highsport coilovers for my 1.5 dci clio

3 weeks after order i recieved them and went to fit them that night

found out that the front suspension was too small (54mm bolt spacing instead of 58mm) and it had a flat edge where it joined the back of the hub

returned these coilovers and recieved front ones only 11weeks later (the shop i ordered them from kept the rears)

they arrived last week so i went i picked them up 2day (week 15) and went to my mates garage to fit them

FK have sent me once again the wrong size of front suspension, 54s again but this time the bottom part (which connects to the back of the hub) is rounded at the bottom

im furious!!!! ive been messed around big time and it is ridiculous the amount of time and money ive spent on try to get my coilovers!

anyone have any similar experience? know whats going on? what can be done about it???

ive told the guy i ordered from he has 1 week to get me my correct suspension or i will get my money back!!

any chance of an up grade to silver line??

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
ive told FK and my dealer that i need the 58's. i know that the dci's are 58.

car has not been crashed - it has been mine from day 1 out of te show room

do FK compensate? ive spent money for nothing at the minute.... would it be worth my while trying to get an up grade to silverline??

I don't see why they would compensate you. I'd have just gone and bought some 58mm hubs if I were in your position originally.

Boydie said:
mine are 58 :-S
Arr right now I get you well if you order 58mm and they keeep sending the wrong one they its there fault I'd not think you'd get any compensation though.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
bastids! mite try get free number plates from the shop or something lol

but has anyone else had problems getting clio coilovers from FK?

one guy from my direction had problems (sent him the wrong ones) and tigger gave up on his FK's and got cobra's

FredYozzasport said:
58mm spacing = 172 clios, dci clios and some 1.2 clios (mine is)
You sure fred 172's are 54mm 182 Cuped are 60mm
Mk2 phase 2 are 99% 58mm only a few early 1.2 had the 52mm hubs.

Mk2 phase 1 1.6 16V and 1.9 had the 58mm hubs I think on all cars.

172 cup'd extreme
172 cups are not 60mm they are all 54mm the difference between the cup hub and 172 hub is a larger bearing.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
I think my fk's are 58.. Mk2 ph1 1.6 16v

Is there not a difference in the thickness of the flange bit that gets bolted?

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
22mm and 28mm rings a bell. (i'm sure when i ordered them the guy asked me to run out and measure them)

mines were 28mm

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
the latest one's i got were 22mm flange and 54mm bolt spacing!!

i need 28 and 58

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
just off the phone to FK and apparently there is no coilover set up for my car :S strange!

but i know definately that cobra make a set and spax

which to go for though?

cobra is slightly more than the spax kit and ive heard nothing but good comments about spax

opinions? or any info to enlighten me about FK??

Thanks

Hey Boydie and Edde,
I know what im gonna ask you has nothing to do with your topic but Im sure you guys cn help me out!
I bought a Dragon Box from Mr.Hoot, one of the new units for my Dci65bhp 2004 model. They sent me a Siemens module. I checked along side the standard ECU I have which is a Delphi module. Will this be a problem or is it fine???

Thanks

Alan

Boydie said:
just off the phone to FK and apparently there is no coilover set up for my car :S strange!

but i know definately that cobra make a set and spax

which to go for though?

cobra is slightly more than the spax kit and ive heard nothing but good comments about spax

opinions? or any info to enlighten me about FK??

Thanks
FK do make a set what are they on about?

I'd go for Blistein but I'm not sure they do a coilver set just dampers.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
h&r - £700+ :O

blistein - no they dont

only thing on the cards are KW, H&R, Cobra and Spax

i too find it odd that fk dont have them :S

why don't you just elongate each hole by 2mm and fit them, you would have had them fitted weeks ago and wouln'dt be cpomplaining on here when you shoudl really be complaining to FK

Hey Boydie and Edde,
I know what im gonna ask you has nothing to do with your topic but Im sure you guys can hopefully help me out!
I bought a Dragon Box from Mr.Hoot, one of the new units for my Dci65bhp 2004 model. They sent me a Siemens module. I checked along side the standard ECU I have which is a Delphi module. Will this be a problem or is it fine???

Thanks again

Alan

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Lunner said:
why don't you just elongate each hole by 2mm and fit them, you would have had them fitted weeks ago and wouln'dt be cpomplaining on here when you shoudl really be complaining to FK

warrenty would be void if something went wrong

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Brock said:
Hey Boydie and Edde,
I know what im gonna ask you has nothing to do with your topic but Im sure you guys can hopefully help me out!

Thanks again

Alan

dont know what your talking about lad soz

Tigger bought a dragon box and only saw an increase of 8hp :S not sure if he has got it sorted yet

Brock said:
Depends should be fine what tyre of connector setup is it?

There only one ECU manurfacturer for the 1.5 dci though