ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK.. TWO CHOICES?

BG 182
Im stuck wether to go for the Konigsports which has Adjustable dampening but non zinc plated

OR

Silverline (non X pack) with fixed dampening but zinc plated to avoid rust

Should I sacrifice the adjustable dampening for a better quality finish on the struts? Or vice versa? I cant really stretch to the silverline X's

Theres around a £200 difference between the two (Konig being the more expensive)

Cheers,
Dan

If it was me id go for adjustable dampening and just try to look after them well keep them cleaned and spray with a protective sealant.

Depends on what application you'll be using them for, I went with the Konigsports for the adjustability of dampening as I use mine on track. They do rust quite badly (only had mine 6 months) so if your going for just lowering the car then go for the Silverlines.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
You probably won't really use the adjustable feature that much, so go for the cheaper option and save some monies.

How much are they anyway?

BG 182
You probably won't really use the adjustable feature that much, so go for the cheaper option and save some monies.

How much are they anyway?

Konigs ive sourced for just over 700
Silvers just over 500

Not sure if that good?

BG 182
Cheers for everyones advice so far on this, I had the highsports on my old 172 wouldnt go with them again so wanted something a bit more expensive

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
  BG 182
Could i ask why mate? they are one of the ones i was looking at getting.

only purely because you cannot adjust the dampening nor do they come with zinc struts, if you can stretch an extra 150 pound or so you can get much better for your money

BG 182
Seems a tad on the expensive side to me for FK's. Are they new? Do you have to have FK's?

Have you not considered having the Bilstein kit?

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-clio-2-rs-172-172-cup-182-bilstein-b14-coilover-kit.html

They've come down by nearly £200 since I bought them a year ago. Well recommended by quite a few on the forum too.

Yeah they are new mate, im not too sure wether i can stretch to £700 for those, my budget at a pust is just under £600

I've got Silverline X's and TBH I hardly ever play with the damping adjusters. If I changed and got Konig's I doubt i'd miss the adjustablity.

As many people say, its good to not be able to adjust them because they will be set up properly at the factory.

With the adjusters they'll have to be set up correctly to work better than others. Something to think about.

BG 182
Think I'm going to go for the silverlines.. I've seen them for 536 delivered is that a reasonable price? Or does anyone know a better deal out there? Ideally I'd like to give my custom to a company on here

Dan