ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame red owners

Clio_Smart
Hey Guys

When i see fellow members flame reds in pictures i have mixed feelings.

Some shots i think WOW thats a great example and then another i think the colour doesnt look that good.

I suppose it may be how the picture was taken etc

Anyone had seconds thoughts after purchasing th flame red.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
i love flame red 172's 1 of the best colours imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the flame red, althought I own one I take it for granted, whenever I see one on the road I think wow nicest colour, without doubt the best 172 colour (but then again on the 172 you dont have too many choices, I would be torn between sunflower yellow/petrol blue if they were on the 172 ph2).

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I love the flame red, althought I own one I take it for granted, whenever I see one on the road I think wow nicest colour, without doubt the best 172 colour (but then again on the 172 you dont have too many choices, I would be torn between sunflower yellow/petrol blue if they were on the 172 ph2).
3 good colours on the 172, blacks the runt of the litter.

In between cars....
IMO think flame is a cracking colour, stands out from the crowd and give a really nice deep shine when looked after

Yea I think the thing with flame red, is also the sme with any red it really can look really different depending on the lighting, I am having my front bumper resprayed soon any will be really really surprised if it looks a good matched under all kinds of lighting as I hear is a really hard paint to match.

As for 172ph2 choice my colour choice would be flame red, silver (although common I think it looks nice), black, then Blue (moderial blue or something even though this is the rarest colour on the ph2 172's).

flamers definately the best colour! in fact in any condition i think there the nicest...best off though when its a clean flamer like with all colours

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I love flame red, I know what you mean about the colour change but I actually like it cos its always a wee bit different. No regrets at all, beats having a silver ph1 by a long way imo!

Lots of Alfas
As above it looks great in the sun. When I bought my 172 it was the only red one i could find.

Lots of Alfas
I bought it in 2006, I know a previous owner was on here but dont know who it was, the old reg was S50 RDS

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Yea I think the thing with flame red, is also the sme with any red it really can look really different depending on the lighting, I am having my front bumper resprayed soon any will be really really surprised if it looks a good matched under all kinds of lighting as I hear is a really hard paint to match.

As for 172ph2 choice my colour choice would be flame red, silver (although common I think it looks nice), black, then Blue (moderial blue or something even though this is the rarest colour on the ph2 172's).

Got my front bumper resprayed not too long ago, yes is quite a difficult colour to match..

On a very very sunny day you can notice how much of a difference the front bumper has to the rest of the body..

But in normal conditions, it's hard to see unless you're up close to the bodywork... and at nightime it's identical..

but yeah ph1 FTW!!!

Stealth Bomber R26
bought my flamer without ever seeing on in the flesh. best colour for a 172. In the sun it is absolutley awesome. Was a sad day when i sold it but deepblack is just as good