ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flaming beauty, My Red mk1 172 daily..

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
'bout time i started a thread in here.
Picked this little beauty up a couple of months ago.
Spotted her on Ebay and went and did a deal before the auction ended.
2001 Y plate Mk2 Ph1, 94000 miles with full history and the belt change less than 20,000 miles before.
Body wise she is absolutely mint and the best bit and what attracted me to the car was the colour, from what ive researched only approx 60 were made in the Mk1 in this colour?..

Anyway he she is as i collected her.

Clio.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

Essentially stock bar a stainless discreet system ala original in looks but whoever had it fitted decided that they only wanted one silencer!, now being 37 yrs young after the drive back to Sussex from Essex was enough to tell me that this was not going to last long with the volume it was making!.
Bought myself one of these for 45 quid...

221.jpg

and cut the system where the front box should be and fitted it in, ahh much better..

Next up i decided that the stock rear suspension had a slight clonk from the offside so i was looking at a new set of shocks and possibly KTR coilover kit, didn't want this car to be big budget as i just sold my Impreza STI RA to save money along with buying a Diesel.
Anyhow after a scount on Ebay to see what coilies were available for the Clio these turned up a week later!

DSCF0005.jpg

Full TUV certificated up and the ride quality is great, having had cars with Koni,FK Konigsport & Tein coilovers along with other cars with other various top end suspension set ups these things are ridiculously good value for money! - they owe me 163 quid:D:cool:...

Anyhow after i fitted them the Ickle Clio looked like this...

DSCF0002-1.jpg

And yes i did fit them in the freezing cold!..

So car was driving like a dream now but i was desperate for a set of Turini's, yes i know not the most adventurous set of wheels for the Clio but i wanted a lightweight set of rims as im intending on going back out to the Ring again and taking the Clio with me this year..
Spotted these beautys in the classifieds on here and jumped on them.
I love Anthracite!:cool:

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0024-2.jpg

So whadya reckon??

Cheers Pete.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Lovely colour indeed and yeah there were around 60 made but i think that was just UK spec so as far as im aware there could be a lot more in Europe.

I would think about colour coding the strips and handles but apart from that its sitting 100% :)

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
I would think about colour coding the strips and handles but apart from that its sitting 100% :)

Thinking about it but sometimes i think it can make the car too slabby in that the rub strip breaks the side of the car up.
Still undecided!

Cheers for the comments so far!

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
Very nice, but i prefer the f1's.

I take it they are the controversial Raceland coilovers.

Oh yes, they are the shocking quality cheap and tacky Raceland coilovers that are going to spit me off at the first roundabout (apparently!):rasp:.

As for the F1's, was thinking about selling them but at this rate i think im going to keep them for some R888's

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0024-2.jpg

its quite commonly known on here that i am not a great lover of turinis and the sheep that wear them, however i think yours is honestly the nicest application of them i have scene.

with the yellow fogs and the black bump strips i think it really sets them off.
please don't change the fogs or the bump strips, if you colourcode them it will just be a mass of read, the strips brake it up nicely, i use to be a fan of colourcoding, now not so much

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
its quite commonly known on here that i am not a great lover of turinis and the sheep that wear them, however i think yours is honestly the nicest application of them i have scene.

with the yellow fogs and the black bump strips i think it really sets them off.
please don't change the fogs or the bump strips, if you colourcode them it will just be a mass of read, the strips brake it up nicely, i use to be a fan of colourcoding, now not so much

And thats precisely why i havent coded them, it breaks the sides of the car up.
I know what you mean about the Turini's but i suppose mine are slightly different from the crowd in the colour and that they are et35 and are not the actual Renault ones.