ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flat battery problem...

i keep getting a flat battery if i leave it for a few days, i just put the mutli meter on it and got 14.8v (engine running) i put all my lights on and it can go to 14.6-14.8 alternator when running reads 0.05. Any suggestions? alternator problem?

Disconnect the negative lead, set the multimeter to amps and connect one terminal to the battery earth, the other terminal to the earth cable then tell us the reading. This will tell you if you have a drain somewhere

Disconnect the negative lead, set the multimeter to amps and connect one terminal to the battery earth, the other terminal to the earth cable then tell us the reading. This will tell you if you have a drain somewhere

i'll give this ago when i can get my hands on a multi meter again (was lending one) i tested it today when i rev it to 3k it reads just under 16, when ticking over with lights heaters wipers all on it reads 14.6. Is 16 volts to much?