ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat spot at around 4k Rpm?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Basically my 1.6 16v Coupe seems to have developed a few flat spots about 3.5-4k.. wondering what it could be? Only seems to happen when its being ragged too, slow acceleration and its fine...

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
^^^ haha wish it was that simple.
This is happening more and more often now, anything I should check???

Golf GT TDI
spark plugs?

paul ly-182`s old 172 had a flat spot at 4000rpm it kind of misfired we changed them and it was fine

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
No mate the engine management light, think plugs will be the first point of call though, I've been ignoring it hoping it would go away but it hasnt!

M

mini-valver

Thats what i was about to suggest. WIll only be the first llambda so I'd be tempted to swap the up bank and down bank llambda's and see if it helps. The second llambda only tells you if the CAT is working so wont have a detrimental effect on the running of the car.

M

mini-valver

Aye, you dont even need to plug the second llambda in. Just make sure the wire is long enough on the sensor that was originally behind the cat.