ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat spots

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Right had really bad flat spots throughout the rev range when i bought the car and i put that down to the k&n filter. Took that off an fitted a pipercross, that too was rubbish so i have now fitted a Ph1 airbox with a itg filter:)

Turns out the filter is very good, pulls much better now and i carn't beleive the diffrence it has made. The problem is that between 3k-4k rmp the car is flat, it just stops pulling then goes normal at 4rpm??

Any ideas? the car has 46k on the clock and has new plugs fitted but is due an oil change and filter.

Kev

1.4 16v Clio
I've got a 1.4 16v and although its not fast by any stretch of the imagination it does pick up a hell of a lot more after 4k... don't know if its just the clio engine?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
has it had a cambelt change? Its been known that the timing can be out when a new belt is fitted, thus making the car down on power...... Have a search

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
No mate its due the cam change. It's just funny how the ph1 airbox has completly removed the flat spots, except from 3-4 rmp? It sort of just goes loud like the filter is blocked then goes normal and pulls freely untill the limit:S

Kev

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Possible exaust/cat blockage can cause them symptoms

Monaco RS Clio 172
could be a sensor fault. not sure how these engines work in comparison but, my old ford zetec engine used to do this, and it was the mass airflow sensor.

so could be similar sort of fault?

just a shot in the dark :p

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
LOL i drove past you twice, i only went in for a few things. I also seen your car in sandbach on the way back from work friday! It looks ace with the black wheels and 4pots on:evil:

Never seen you when i had my type r? seen your car loads since having the clio!