ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Get those paradas out in the dry, get them hot and get having fun!

Parada's are s**t, I thought I'd give them another opportunity to impress me on a different chassis (clio) than when I tried them previously. I used to own the black 2118's and was glad to see the back of them because of those tyres alone, not so good in the dry, terrible in the wet.

You really need to try some decent tyres roberto :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Decent tyres Chris? (elaborate)

I've been through four different sets now... Paradas suit me pretty well.

Thing is, in the wet I genuinely have no urge to drive quickly, so that doesn't bother me. Get the paradas hot and my god they can be fun. You can burn through them silly fast though.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Edit: are they really that bad in the wet then Chris?

Terrible mate and I'm not one for driving quick in the wet

Decent tyres Chris? (elaborate)

I've been through four different sets now... Paradas suit me pretty well.

Thing is, in the wet I genuinely have no urge to drive quickly, so that doesn't bother me. Get the paradas hot and my god they can be fun. You can burn through them silly fast though.

After driving two seperate clio's on michelin pilot sport 2's I can honestly say nothing feels the same on the road for a dry and wet tyre. Yes they're expensive but for good reason.

I've never driven on road/track tyres though i.e r888, rs2's etc

Megane 225 F1
Hmmm. Surely these should be your summer wheels and the anthra should be your winter wheels? Swap teh tyres over n tingz/

Looks good though, but I remember trying to keep white wheels clean in the winter. It's....well, IMPOSSIBLE.

Evo 5 RS
There's plenty worse than paradas in the wet... In the dry they're pretty good tbh, although they lose their edge after they're worn in a bit. They're also cheap so for the price you cant expect miracles :/. Wheels obviously look blinding! This car is begging for TRUMPETS :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm. Surely these should be your summer wheels and the anthra should be your winter wheels? Swap teh tyres over n tingz/

Looks good though, but I remember trying to keep white wheels clean in the winter. It's....well, IMPOSSIBLE.

Yes Will you're right. Swapping the tyres over would cost me around £40 and TBH I can't be bothered to wait around a tyre fitting place again ATM.

The car will probably do less then 1k between now and the new year, so I am fairly confident I can keep them looking half decent mate.

There's plenty worse than paradas in the wet... In the dry they're pretty good tbh, although they lose their edge after they're worn in a bit. They're also cheap so for the price you cant expect miracles :/. Wheels obviously look blinding! This car is begging for TRUMPETS :D

I am working on cams/ ITBs mate. If it wasn't for my house extension I'd have had them by now :dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Looks sweet Fletch :) better than I thought with the white wheels.

Thanks Joe. I am really pleased with the wheels :)

Better pic of them fitted.

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/fletcher10/6269472999/]
6269472999_8239457155_z.jpg
[/url]
IMG_7654 by fletcher10, on Flickr

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Reminds me of my old ph1, people started to realise white on silver can certainly work with the right wheel choice

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I want tbh :D

:)

Reminds me of my old ph1, people started to realise white on silver can certainly work with the right wheel choice

You had them on your Ph1 didn't you Chris?

Suprised at how good it looks!

It takes longer to clean the white wheels on my car than it does to wash the whole thing ha

Cheers. I agree it looks better then I thought they would too.

6302945887_bd91d936ec_z.jpg

IMG_1039 by fletcher10, on Flickr

Still clean ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
They may become my track wheels, and go a mad bright colour. But they will be staying white for the being.

See some pics of my car when I used to have orange wheels to gauge what it looks like, also chrispy's too.

BMW E36 328
looks good with the wheels on fletch. How long have they been like that? dont remember them being like that at donnington?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
looks good with the wheels on fletch. How long have they been like that? dont remember them being like that at donnington?

Cheers Rob. The white 2118s are currently my 'road' wheels.

I had my anthracite 2118s on at Donnington fella. They're wrapped in R888s now, and are sat in the garage waiting for warm dry roads, trackdays :)

BMW E36 328
ahhh yeah i remember now mate. looks even better with white on :D. So what can we expect next then?