ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickr Photos of the 2012

Not sure if this has been done before, but I was going to write a blog post on this and thought it would be worth a thread too.

What's your #1 most viewed picture this year and your number #1 most interesting photo this year, according to Flickr and why (if you have a reason, other than for the picture just being damn awesome – probably the case for a few of you lol).

I'll get us started:

Most views at 1,765 views

7620826612_6a21677f4e.jpg

Big Lorry in Wolverhampton by Tom Cash, on Flickr

This was featured on a local council-run Facebook group, which boosted its hits massively after I was one of the first on the scene with a decent camera and vantage point.

Most interesting with 986 views and 4 favourites

7957647650_bf35374579.png

Father and Son by Tom Cash, on Flickr

This was featured on Jalopnik, the Huffington Post and about 20 other blogs and motoring websites.

Interesting thread idea!
Based on photos taken just in 2012, these are mine.

Most Viewed: - 1548 for a random Lambo spotted in Korea.

7193418398_9787b83d88_z.jpg

LP670. by v15ben, on Flickr

Most Interesting: - 378 views / 30 comments / 15 faves - probably my favourite shot of the year too.

6644098065_3b1b5622e2_z.jpg

Ulsan's Taehwa River by v15ben, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Going to sound silly but what groups and tags are you guys adding to your photos ? I never get many views lol!

My image above was on front page of explore on Flickr. Hence the high views. Some people put images in up to 60 groups on Flickr but you just get those spam comment awards.

Think the most views I have is about 8. Partially because I only really post them on here and I'm not in any groups but mainly because my shots are pap lol

CLIO Iceberg 172
yep picture of a picture at london film con, green ranger on the game of thrones throne, i felt the world needed to see so slapped it on flicker, strange thing is this get the most hits out of all my pics... meh

I didn't even realise what throne that was!!! Shame on me. Joffrey Baratheon would not be pleased! Was that actually happening or was it a picture?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That turbine is awesome.

Cheers. One of the few perks of the job.

This is such a great picture! I have it favourited. That's an impressive comments/favourites conversion rate.

Cheers Tom. Its in quite a few groups and a few comments are spam but I wanted to get it out there and shown to a wider audience. Thats what the groups are for and it seems to work. Had it in a local paper too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The Daily Post do a "your Flickr pictures" feature, one per day chosen from the Flickr group. I've had a few featured this year. They used to have a guy just submitting any old picture until I contacted them asking them to use other peoples images from the Flickr group instead. (His were pretty bad TBH, horizons all over the place, out of focus etc, he just snapped a picture a day to print)

I put them in to relevant groups. That one was in groups for Canon, weather, turbines/ wind farms, Wales, Seascapes and a few other groups.