ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flies Flies Flies!

Renault Clio Sport 182
Been doing a lot of long distance motorway driving recently. And now my resembled a piece of fly paper!

I tried AG Insect Remover the other day, and it didnt do the job on the stubborn ones! Any tips to prevent and treat the problem?

Cheers

Steve

Renault Clio Sport 182
Obviously the only preventative is to not drive! lol

I sprayed it on, left it for 30sec-1min, the washed off using wash mitt and Meguirs Gold(excuse spelling).

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I just use tar remover on the more stubborn stuff. Think bug remover is a waste of money. Snow foam > Jet wash > AG Tar remover > Wash > polish > Seal > wax. No way of preventing from what i know of... Unless you buy one of those gimp mask things.

db

db detailing™
Having a good few layers of sealant and wax will help the buggers not bond on so much.

Roadster Coupe
I found th AG stuff rubbish as well. I found the turtle wax stuff was better, its thick like a cream and smells nice to.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
just lay a wet paper towel on them for a couple of minutes, they'll come off easy then

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Pfft...They just wipe off! Infact there's so much wax on mine than they just slide off...Only fly to survive hitting a car at 100mph! Then of course they got sucked into the vent! lol

Poorboys bug and insect remover is good tho!

Megane 2 GT 165
Sponge in nylon stockings. (don't know if that is swirls-safe though)
And insect remover.