ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flywheel

04 clio extreme 4
Can you only get salvage flywheels for an 05 mk2 clio?

Seems renault dont keep new ones for the d4f 7 series.

Ive checked for other makes of car with the same engine and nothing but salvage ones turn up.

Anyone know where to get a new single mass flywheel for pre 06 engines?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Depending what's wrong with yours, could you not just have a machine shop resurface it?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above just have it resurfaced if required, the reason nothings available aftermarket is because there isn't really any reason to change one! The 1% that want to, just have it resurfaced, not somthing I've ever bothered about though

04 clio extreme 4
Fair do. I bought one from a breakers. Turns out mines fine and it seems to be the bearing wobbling against the diaphragm springy bit and not my flywheel being out of kilter against the clutch pkate. Got an exhaust leak between the header and the pipe joint, gonna stick some gum gum round it. Might have an injector failing as well. Heavy vibration when I put on the air con and a lack of acceleration. Also got oily mist build up round the spark tube and rocker cover gaskets.

Plenty to keep me busy.

Clutch end being replaced Friday.

The joys of an 18 year old car I guess.

04 clio extreme 4
Depending what's wrong with yours, could you not just have a machine shop resurface it?
Possibly, but its getting it off to start with. My driveway is sandwiched between two walls so havent got the room to work both sides of the car.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive only ever resurfaced one renault solid flywheel as it looked like the clutch had been down to the rivets. Only other time ive seen them worn out is after a paddle clutch has been fitted.

Rest have always been OK especially on the lower powered engines.