ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foam bits, around the front wheel liners?

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Hi all,
Noticed when taking off the front wheel arches that on the passenger side there is a bit of foam, presumably insulation, just flapping around. Didn't see one for the driver side.
I haven't seen this on any of the parts diagrams whilst perusing the Dialogys, so not sure where or how they're supposed to be attached. Does anyone have any ideas?
My guess is that they're held on using the wheel arches, but that given mine are virtually destroyed, they've come loose, and in the case of the drivers side, fallen off completely.
Just another thing on the to-do list.

If I understand you correctly, that will be the part that has a U clip/tool clip which holds it to the subframe support bar.

Commie VID

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise 111S, Model 3
Ok, forgot to take pics when the passenger wheel was off!
Scoured this site and have found something from the cambelt guide: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/cambelt-auxbelt-dephaser-pulley-guide.437872/
pic24.jpg

pic25.jpg

Those pics above look like it. Passenger one just looks like it is flapping about loosely. The driver's one doesn't exist.