ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus rs (mk1)

I really like the look of these, then i take a look inside........ and HATE it!

interior01.jpg

interior02.jpg

YUK!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
take a look in a ph1 mines alot worse and my mate has the frs and id prefer his over mine any day! its really not that bad, plus its a very capable car and looks the nuts too

Z4
Got to see the Rs in the metal today :)

Nice car, lots of road presence, and lots of attention of young lads.
However, people not in 'the know' walk straight past it thinking its another boring focus...

Interior - Just like a standard mk1 focus! It has rs matts and fairly nice seats, other than that I was disappointed.

I didn't get to drive it unfortunately as we were pushed for time, hence no photos, but I thought it would be faster! It did not pull on the cup at all through to around 110, we backed off after that, I would imagine the clio would die on its arse after that.

All in all nice car, but I wouldn't have one for that kind of dollar.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely cars but the interior (car the seats) really is a joke.

DazG's on here looks really good.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
bull! No chance would a frs be quicker than a r26r lol.

As said, there was nothing in it between the RS and my cup, so a 26r would give it a pasting.

Quotes taken from EVO chris.

Mk1 RS 0-100 = 14.9
R26R 0-100= 15.1

Mk2 RS focus 0-100=14.2

Thankyou.

I didn't think/expect them to be that quick to the ton tbh.

What's it like with only five forward gears ?? Do you miss not having six ? (as per the golf etc)

Golf R soon...
I didn't think/expect them to be that quick to the ton tbh.

What's it like with only five forward gears ?? Do you miss not having six ? (as per the golf etc)

I would prefer the fifth gear just as a cruise gear if nothing more.

they are quick cars turbo in 3rd and 4th is very strong

Agree, 3rd and 4th definitely have some pull.

Torque is limited in 1st and 2nd on these things as well.

Z4
Quotes taken from EVO chris.

Mk1 RS 0-100 = 14.9
R26R 0-100= 15.1

Mk2 RS focus 0-100=14.2

Thankyou.

The one tested from Evo must have been remapped or something then as there's no way they're that fast. Just looking at the power to weight ratio of 168bhp/ton shows this, that's pretty much the same as a 172 cup.

I had a play with my mates RS the other night and we were pretty much identical acceleration upto 110mph then we backed off.

The 26R is 190bhp/ton with lsd too (so has the FRS), I'm pretty sure this would give a standard Frs a seeing to!

Z4
I would prefer the fifth gear just as a cruise gear if nothing more.

Agree, 3rd and 4th definitely have some pull.

Torque is limited in 1st and 2nd on these things as well.

Ford like to do this, is it the same as on the puma where its a case of a couple of wires to get rid?

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Arnt the later RS's fitted with a power upgrade from ford? the minimum figure is 212bhp but apparently most standard late RS's can be up to 230bhp.

Just picked up mine last saturday and I love it, the limited torque in 1st and second is hard to get used to but in third it just flies,

I would have defended my throphy to the hilt but the focus definatly can shift, sounds like the lad in the RS's needs to learn how to drive it asnd have another go.

Z4
Arnt the later RS's fitted with a power upgrade from ford? the minimum figure is 212bhp but apparently most standard late RS's can be up to 230bhp.

Just picked up mine last saturday and I love it, the limited torque in 1st and second is hard to get used to but in third it just flies,

I would have defended my throphy to the hilt but the focus definatly can shift, sounds like the lad in the RS's needs to learn how to drive it asnd have another go.

It's not hard driving in a straight line, lol. I'm pretty sure he knows how to!
The frs obviously feels faster due to the surge of the turbo, but in reality there's bugger all in it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just having a browse of Mk1 Focus RS items... I really would like one, but for a good one still looking at 10k. I was hoping they would have dropped some more after the FRS mk2. See how it is early next year I guess.

Z4
Show me some proof of how evo's figures are wrong then.They couldnt get away with publishing utter bull and get away with it tbh...

Going by the other stats they have for the rs http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cardata/?cat=hot_hatches

It has a lower power to weight ratio than a 172 cup, they're not going to be faster than a r26r are they....or hit 100 in less than 15 seconds!

As said, my 172 cup kept up with the focus fine upto silly speeds.

Thankyou

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Pretty poor then if you can spend a few quid on a map and be as fast as the ultimate striped out track car.
Things dont seam to be moving on very much these days...
Also are people on meg sport forums changing there tyres for proper road ones.Ive heard a few horror stories and seen the pics of a couple of croppers

MCS R56
Show me some proof of how evo's figures are wrong then.They couldnt get away with publishing utter bull and get away with it tbh...

Remove your willy from the Evo magazine.

They can publish what they want and I didn't say they published bs, I just said the car was not standard.

Do you actually think the figures add up?

Z4
Pretty poor then if you can spend a few quid on a map and be as fast as the ultimate striped out track car.
Things dont seam to be moving on very much these days...
Also are people on meg sport forums changing there tyres for proper road ones.Ive heard a few horror stories and seen the pics of a couple of croppers

remap the 'ultimate stripped out tack car' (lol) and you're back to square one!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
^^we could go round in circles all day with that one^^.All im saying is icould spend £300 on a 8k car instead of spending loads more on the meg.

Oh,hang on a minute,you could spend 2k on an RS turbo and chip that....lol

I concede the Rs must be fettled with then...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for the bump but I again interested in these as I recently wrote off my old car.

Maybe I could chat on msn chris?