ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus rs (mk1)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Mk1 Rs focus with a map would be an awsome car.It would only take driver error to know the difference with most high power hatches on the road i think....

Z4
Sorry for the bump but I again interested in these as I recently wrote off my old car.

Maybe I could chat on msn chris?

What would you like to know mate?

I ended up buying the tt 225 by the way haha. Kind of regretting it a little bit though, the focus is still tempting.. the thought that 290bhp is achievable with a remap,exhaust,induction kit is nice..

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
my mate jsut got his mapped at the weekend, its an animal now. first mod you neeed to do is get a new boost pipe as the originals crush under pressure.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Going to take a look at some this weekend.

Just waiting for my insurance proceeds which will hopefully give me time to find one I like and research them.

Golf R soon...
Great cars these, had one for two months...loved driving it. Was completely standard mine.

For me the interior let it down but everything else was top notch.

Ended up selling it for more than I bought it for!

M2 Competition
Ah Daz, i think you've owned everything ive got in mind at the moment!

£8k; Trophy, Frs mk1, focus st-2, ep3 facelift, e46 facelift coupe?

Golf R soon...
Ah Daz, i think you've owned everything ive got in mind at the moment!

£8k; Trophy, Frs mk1, focus st-2, ep3 facelift, e46 facelift coupe?

Ah Dan!

OOOO! Nice choice of cars there...I would probably not get the clio as you've had at least two ;) The Beemer is nice (I have one!) but its quite bland to drive compared to the rest of the cars you've listed. EP3 is a good shout....could even get a premium edition for that money (recommend the cosmic grey if you do!) ST again is a good car but quite common. Hmm...RS is great if you can live with the interior.

ARGH! LOL See I can't even decide!

Go for the Focus RS! Its the most unique car...its gorgeous to look at....goes like stink....great if you want to mod it and it will keep its value! (Bought mine for £9.5k and sold it two months later for £9.6k)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
You won't get a decent FRS mk1 for that budget. That is why I went for a T. Looking at 10k really.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When I was looking they sold quickly and tbh you did need more than 8k and you must know I like a bargin... I did look pretty hard. You could get one which had high mileage and mods but I didn't want to take that risk.

M2 Competition
The interior on the FRS puts me off massively too. Think id rather have the st over one (plus st looks far more modern).

Trophy will be the cheapest, and probably the most fun to drive down a b-road too. Bit small for me though, and 'cheaper' looking than the others.

Ep3's much fun to drive? Or more of a nice car to own?

It seems a difficult budget to pick one clear winner at!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
One of my bosses has a ST and the interior seats are bloody awfull.

How much are DC5's? Can you get one along those lines?

Golf R soon...
The interior on the FRS puts me off massively too. Think id rather have the st over one (plus st looks far more modern).

Trophy will be the cheapest, and probably the most fun to drive down a b-road too. Bit small for me though, and 'cheaper' looking than the others.

Ep3's much fun to drive? Or more of a nice car to own?

It seems a difficult budget to pick one clear winner at!

EP3s in my experience are bullet proof cars, you can just feel it. The steeling lacks feel but its great to rev the nuts of it and the gear box and dash mounted gear change is a great feeling...Premium edition adds proper recaros, JDM mats and rear tints I believe. Basic interiors but everything is laid out nicely (volume control on the stereo on the right so you don't have to stretch for example) and the build quality is good.

What kind of distances you going to be doing?

M2 Competition
Dc5's are massively chavvy (even compared to the other options)

Nice cars though...

Daz - short distance to commute most days, use work cars to go further. Fun mostly!

Im quite big built, and it needs to have a bit of class/ newness to it.

Golf R soon...
Dc5's are massively chavvy (even compared to the other options)

Nice cars though...

Daz - short distance to commute most days, use work cars to go further. Fun mostly!

DC5's, if left standard ain't chavvy...very capable cars!

What about a MK4 R32? Probably still to expensive mind...the cars you want are always just over the budget.

I'd have an R32 over any of the cars you mentioned. I'll have one again thats for sure...beat car I've owned so far hands down.

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
Will the fuel comsumption make me not want to use it? :p

Have a Bora as a runaround at the mo, vw's are very comfy solid cars. Handle quite well too!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
R32 is a great shout actually. One went past me the other day and it sounded mint.

Don't agree with a DC5 being chavvy, only as much as the FRS imo.

Golf R soon...
Will the fuel comsumption make me not want to use it? :p

Have a Bora as a runaround at the mo, vw's are very comfy solid cars. Handle quite well too!

The MPG ain't too bad for what it is...better than a Focus RS in my experience.

300 miles out of a 60 litre tank.

Unique cars, love the Konig seats, solid interior, well spec'd and did I mention they sound fantastic....especially with a non resonating milltek added ;)

Golf R soon...
  Golf R soon...
Ive just noticed that in picture 3 it has some damage to the front.

I wonder what the story there is?

Noticed the scuff on the front bumper...my guess its probably not in the best of condition hence price.

The R32 was loud from the outside but it wasn't too bad from the inside...good sound insulation I guess.

A standard one still had a nice rasp to it.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds amazing.

Yeah, my point is, if the DC5 is chavvy only as much as the FRS. I don't think either are really.

Golf R soon...
But thats because you like cars mate. To everyone else, massively boy racer.

I'm a boy racer at heart ;)

Hmmm....once I get my payrise and house purchase done I might get another R32....MK5 this time...few years done the line yet though :(

M2 Competition
Cracking. From my choices a nice cosmic grey ep3, or try find a dirt cheap st2, are seeming most likely, lol. Will need to find one of each to test drive though.