ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS500 vs. Clio 200 Cup [Brown Bear will appreciate this]

This may have been posted before actually. Can't remember. I thought BB may appreciate this vid so I'm posting away :approve:

Interesting that the guy mentions the Clio (remember it's a Cup) being firmer than the Focus. Jesus, it must be rock solid!

Last edited by a moderator:

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Good video and alot of people have said the cup is super harsh but I didn't really notice it being all that hard, felt fine to me

I work for ford and have driven the normal FRS a few times and straight line speed is awesome so can only imagine what the RS500 is like.

They do feel heavy though so would agree that the Clio is the more fun car............ that's why I've bought one:cool:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Because ones way faster than the other maybe.next week they will compair a fiat 126 bis and a gallardo

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. The ultimate hot hatch from both Marques. Makes for interesting viewing.

Its also a partial VFM test. As they say, you can nearly get two clios for the price of the ST and considering the performance gap it makes the clio look very good value.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Seriously though, both awesome. If I had the money for an rs500, I'd buy an Nsx though. Beat them both while parked up.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Actually, should of just sc'd a 172. Those have worked out reeeeaaaaalllllly well.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I work for ford and have driven the normal FRS a few times and straight line speed is awesome so can only imagine what the RS500 is like.

They do feel heavy though so would agree that the Clio is the more fun car............ that's why I've bought one:cool:

Stan

Can't you come up Sunday is a demo RS??!

Need to drive one;)

What a load of BS you cant compare the two cars, the RS500 is more expensive, over twice the power ,of course its loads quicker, hideously quicker in a straight line, there not even in the league, even a normal RS would eat a 200 cup for breakfast.

We would all buy the RS500 if we had the £££, tis a no brainer.

Could buy something a whole lot faster than a RS500 with that sort of money.

Clio 200 does punch well above it's weight as an all round car, especially for the money.

Golf GTD Mk7
That RS looks wicked. Still looks like a bus in the corners though. Nimble is better personally, but the straights were an issue (albeit minor) for me when I drove the 200. wicked car though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'd buy a 200 Cup and chuck 20k at the mortgage personally.

Double the cost, for a gain of circa 3 seconds on a track, and consumable costs to make your eyes water. No thanks.

I'd buy a 200 Cup and chuck 20k at the mortgage personally.

Double the cost, for a gain of circa 3 seconds on a track, and consumable costs to make your eyes water. No thanks.

Thats the same logic as buying a clio 200 cup over a 172 cup.....for......what half a second on a track quicker maybe??? an extra how many thousand?

Evo 5 RS
If I had £35k to spend on one car, I highly doubt I'd buy the RS500.

In a nut shell this is it. I would 100% have the 200 over it. Not because it's an overall better car - it's just bang on the money for bang for buck. For £35k privately you could buy something far better. Without bringing it down too much, it is to all intents and purposes a collectable. If it were a case of pick your winnings, no charge: RS every time

Audi TT 225
Case closed it seems, 172 cup is the best vfm, i always knew it ;) tbh if i wouldn't buy either, ever

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What a load of BS you cant compare the two cars, the RS500 is more expensive, over twice the power ,of course its loads quicker, hideously quicker in a straight line, there not even in the league, even a normal RS would eat a 200 cup for breakfast.

Rofl.

Golf GTD Mk7
+1 ,

Clio 200 cup , 0 - 62 6.9 seconds ...... ~15k
Clio 172 cup, 0 - 62 6.9 seconds........ <~5k minte

And the arguements start. Surely you cant comment unless you've driven one. It's not just the 0-60 you pay for. Handling is in a different league really.

Edit: I'm on about the 200 ;)

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS

lol no. If I had the £££ I'd buy the RS Mk2 in blue and put the 7k towards something else