ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST v Clio 182

Status
Not open for further replies.
  FRS
Focus st with four bald tyres, four pensioners, four sausages up each exhaust, with four smashed windows.. Would win.

RB FF 182
Little in it but I'd say the Focus is still quicker, on paper anyway. Same to 60, faster to 100 and a fair bit faster above 100, where the Clio struggles.
Why are you driving it on paper? Surely Tarmac is a better surface?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No s**t!!
I know what he meant... He can't stand to see a bad word said about a Ford... Usual dickhead response from him tbh. Thinks he knows everything about every car going...

Flol! <3 your angry face.

RB 182
This thread is distracting me from the transporter... But on that note if he was driving then we would get a fair result if we put the, to the test...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol indeed if you think I'm angry by what you say. I just tell it how I see it...
But I suppose by you posting that it gives you another notch on your post count so all's good ehh!

It was still a rant. Reemember it's the Internets, calm down dear.

I'm lucky to be in a position in life where I get to drive a hell of a lot of cars. Maybe I should stop giving posting advice based on my experience because someone is upset on the Internets.

MCS R56
Alfa 156 2.4jtd walked all over an ST without a map, left it about 3 car lengths behind accelerating from 40, bout 6 or 7 behind til 135 then it caught up as diesel alfa was finished at that point!

What, the 175bhp diesel? No chance.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It was still a rant. Reemember it's the Internets, calm down dear.

I'm lucky to be in a position in life where I get to drive a hell of a lot of cars. Maybe I should stop giving posting advice based on my experience because someone is upset on the Internets.

Flol, you muppet if you think that was a rant...

Maybe you should stop giving advice seen as you have on many occasions made out that you never break the speed limits, push any cars towards any kind of limits in the twities and never have a blast with (or as you always like to put it "race") with another car etc. If however your talking b****cks and you actually do push all these cars you claim to drive then I'm glad that I'll never be a customer of yours because I'd be pissed off if I took my car somewhere for work to be done only for some prick like you to go thrashing it around! But lets face it you probably only take them for a quick spin round the block...

How on earth with all those factors you can give a valid comment on whether or not one car is quicker than another without watching youtube or something is beyond me.

As for ranting yeah this is a bit more of a rant. But I'd suggest with the amount of times you've been banned over the years it's you that needs to calm down...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I lol'd. You'll notice I never gave my opinion on which is quicker or did you just assume?

Your car would be more than safe at my place of work I don't thrash my own car and I certainly don't thrash customers cars.

You'll also notice I very rarely comment on any cars going round tracks or anything to do with laptimes as I have zero experience in that. Fact is 90% of cars on this forum, clio or different will never see track work or probably be driven to even near their limit so my experience of cars good or bad is useful for the forum.

I don't have an agenda against any cars especially not Clios. I nearly bought a Trophy on a few occasions.

Maybe instead of using all your energy ranting at me and my "Ford Love", help out with your advice and experience elsewhere on the forum?

Swift Sport
The ST's with ceramic brakes are quicker 100mph, as long as the rear spoiler is adjusted to the correct angle... Unless the 182 has a spare wheel and diffuser, then the Clio would win.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I lol'd. You'll notice I never gave my opinion on which is quicker or did you just assume?

Your car would be more than safe at my place of work I don't thrash my own car and I certainly don't thrash customers cars.

You'll also notice I very rarely comment on any cars going round tracks or anything to do with laptimes as I have zero experience in that. Fact is 90% of cars on this forum, clio or different will never see track work or probably be driven to even near their limit so my experience of cars good or bad is useful for the forum.

I don't have an agenda against any cars especially not Clios. I nearly bought a Trophy on a few occasions.

Maybe instead of using all your energy ranting at me and my "Ford Love", help out with your advice and experience elsewhere on the forum?

My god gally, you're so full of s**t you must be ready to explode.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Flol, you muppet if you think that was a rant...

Maybe you should stop giving advice seen as you have on many occasions made out that you never break the speed limits, push any cars towards any kind of limits in the twities and never have a blast with (or as you always like to put it "race") with another car etc. If however your talking b****cks and you actually do push all these cars you claim to drive then I'm glad that I'll never be a customer of yours because I'd be pissed off if I took my car somewhere for work to be done only for some prick like you to go thrashing it around! But lets face it you probably only take them for a quick spin round the block...

How on earth with all those factors you can give a valid comment on whether or not one car is quicker than another without watching youtube or something is beyond me.

As for ranting yeah this is a bit more of a rant. But I'd suggest with the amount of times you've been banned over the years it's you that needs to calm down...

My god gally, you're so full of s**t you must be ready to explode.

popcorn.gif

Williams 2
The ST's with ceramic brakes are quicker 100mph, as long as the rear spoiler is adjusted to the correct angle... Unless the 182 has a spare wheel and diffuser, then the Clio would win.

Thats b****cks, my 182 has a spare wheel and carbon fibre wrapped diffuser AND 40 psi in the tyres but my mates ST still beat me round the track...

You need to leave your boot open to get that extra rear downforce round the track if you want to beat it

Swift Sport
Thats b****cks, my 182 has a spare wheel and carbon fibre wrapped diffuser AND 40 psi in the tyres but my mates ST still beat me round the track...

You need to leave your boot open to get that extra rear downforce round the track if you want to beat it

Yes, but did the ST have ceramic brakes?

Clio tce
Hay jimmy we got any half empty cans of nitros laying around?

You may wanna keep your eyes on the road, playboys! :)

MCS R56
No, the 140bhp 10v engine. Had an angel tuning map to make 180bhp and 280lb/ft, it leathered it. My friend owned and was driving the ST, he thought no chance too.

How can a 180bhp diesel car demolish a 225bhp petrol car when they both weigh about the same? Also, why we talking Alfa now? Sorry dude, can't see it. The 140 would be about 8-9 secs to 60mph, probably over 20 secs to 100mph. Even a remap wouldn't be enough to equal the ST never mind walk all over it.

Golf 7R
How can a 180bhp diesel car demolish a 225bhp petrol car when they both weigh about the same? Also, why we talking Alfa now? Sorry dude, can't see it. The 140 would be about 8-9 secs to 60mph, probably over 20 secs to 100mph. Even a remap wouldn't be enough to equal the ST never mind walk all over it.

Sorry, I'm with him.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v

Torque, from mid range. Didn't just happen once, happened all the time until he remapped the focus, so sort of beyond question really bud, if you were there, and it didn't happen, I'd probably take your point, but....
20 seconds to 100 from a tuned 5 cylinder 2.4 Turbo diesel with variable geometry turbo, 2 second overboost and almost 300lb/ft torque?! Pull the other one!!!! ;)
Told you at 135 the ST pulled past, started closing the gap probably from about 110 onwards probably.
Alfa smashed him, until almost flat out, end of, not any more to say really mate, not going to argue about it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.