ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog lamp bulbs

Land Rover
My Clio 182 currently has LED front fog lamp bulbs fitted which emit a blue light.
I guess this is just for show. As they don’t really put out any useful light.

Can someone recommend a replacement set, as one is faulty.
I looked on Ebay but there’s dozens of types and the first set l ordered don’t fit.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I can't remember what fitting the bulbs are on the 182. But I've got different halogen ones for sale. Osram nightbreakers are really good

I trust these are only being used when it's actually foggy and visibility is under 100 yards!

I'm getting fed up being blinded by bellends driving around with retina-destroying LED headlights who apparently seem to think they aren't quite bright enough so need to use their front foglights as well... :rolleyes:

Grrr.

Land Rover
Well, the bulbs currently fitted wouldn’t blind a spider that had spun its web in front of the lens.
I’d replace them like for like but can only find the retina destroying LED ones.

182FF - Land Rover
I put LED ones in the fog lights to have a whiter light than tungsten, as I do use them in fog. But as I have now learnt LEDs themselves aren't in the correct position for the reflectors so the beam pattern was shocking! This is why you shouldn't fit LEDs to anything that needs a beam pattern, hence the idiots blinding people when they they think they're clever using them as headlights.
Fitted the old yellowy tungsten and the beam pattern more than makes up for the better colour/contrast.
Stick with bright halogen filament versions if you want to actually use them.