ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Folks selling your sporty Clio’s

CTR EK9 turbo

Did any of you have interesting customers? any test drivers that toasted your car to an inch of its life?

I remember last year when i was selling my mk.1 172 i had one guy, he must have been over 70 and took it for a test. He was telling me about all his other cars subarus and had an integra type R also. He just seemed like a quiet/sedate old man!? They didnt buy it as his wife moaned it was too small, and had a bad leg - i saw her running to get out of the rain...

They guy who bought it came down with his wife-to-be I think he was impressed with it after doing a bit of a hefty wheelspin!? his fiancee said it was quicker than his CooperS (thanks love!).

Any interesting test drive stories from you sellers?

120d Sport

Not a clio but here is mine:

Selling my impreza turbo in manchester, guy meets me in Supermarket carpark, sits in the drivers seat and closes the door (the car had dark tints) I still had the keys. Opens door and asks me if i could see his face through the tinits, i said no, he then said he will take it. Handed me the £££ all in £50s from a sock he pulled out from inside his trousers.

No test drive, no checking engine, didnt even start the car until he drove it off. Gave me a address to send docs to, and left his car in the supermarket car park, he said i could have his car if I wanted i said no and ran to te nearest bank to deposit the money.

don't

had a 17 yr old buy my last car

was a weird 1, didnt ever check mileage, was a P reg and over 120k so thank god

got me 2 drive em down the road and that was it, they bought it and gave me cash

i said do u want to check under the bonnet, they looked blankly at me lol, i showed them it had a k&n etc and they just said whats that, ohdear

nevermind cash in the pocket

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Quote: Originally posted by Khany on 06 January 2005

Selling my impreza turbo in manchester, guy meets me in Supermarket carpark, sits in the drivers seat and closes the door (the car had dark tints) I still had the keys. Opens door and asks me if i could see his face through the tinits, i said no, he then said he will take it. Handed me the £££ all in £50s from a sock he pulled out from inside his trousers.

No test drive, no checking engine, didnt even start the car until he drove it off. Gave me a address to send docs to, and left his car in the supermarket car park, he said i could have his car if I wanted i said no and ran to te nearest bank to deposit the money.
Thats about the strangest story ive ever heard!

Sounds like he was up to no good then! Did he have bank robber written across his face?

190 BHP Willy 2

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 06 January 2005

Sounds like he was up to no good then! Did he have bank robber written across his face?
What i was thinking. Especially with documents still in your name. LOL

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine would be my last car. 2.0L 306 Cabrio, sold it for the 172. It was bought buy a nice 25-30 yr old lady, never had a problem with it myself in 3 yrs of ownership. Within 3 days of her owning it, the garage she took it too for a winter service had managed to fry the entire electrics on the car, got a leak in a hydraulic pump for the roof, decided it needed new discs and pads and get the car to essentially shut down. Had to get a peugoet engineer from coventry to get it road worthy and running again.

Had to feel sorry for the lady