ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fooking brake discs, torx 40!!

Da

Car  Less
set out today to replace my front brake discs. All was going hunky-dory till I came to the second torx 40 screw holding the disc to the hub. I couldn't, for love nor money, get the little fooker out!! :mad: The first one came straight out but the second wouldn't budge! Any ideas guys as I had to abandon the project and put it all back together again and hoping to try again tomorrow! :rasp:
 
I did mine today, what did you need a torx 40 for ???

I seem to be missing a pad-wear sensor... The system at the moment is, when it's down to the back of the pad, it needs changing... Ah well, they're good for another 15k now..
 
the torx 40 is for the 2 torx screws holding the brakedisc onto the hub. The first one came out easy but the second is stuck fast. Admittedly they aren't really needed once the wheel bolts/wheel are fitted but I need to get it out in the first place :dapprove:
 
the torx 40 is for the 2 torx screws holding the brakedisc onto the hub. The first one came out easy but the second is stuck fast. Admittedly they aren't really needed once the wheel bolts/wheel are fitted but I need to get it out in the first place :dapprove:

Ahh s**t, sorry buddy, thought you meant pads... Though I will probably need to replace the discs too after having to drive 50 miles to Renault on bare pads.. The back of one disc could look better.....
 
Just drill it out, they aint needed anyway

I thought that John, may well be a plan of attack for tomorrow! :evil:

Ahh s**t, sorry buddy, thought you meant pads... Though I will probably need to replace the discs too after having to drive 50 miles to Renault on bare pads.. The back of one disc could look better.....

lol, no worries, i've done pads a few times no problems there ;)
 
ok cool cheers guys, least I now have a last resort if it still wont budge tomorrow ;)
 
Bash it a few times with a hammer, this'll loosen it up and it 'shocks' it and it'll come straight out.

Better to have them, never had to drill one out.
 
Yeah but why drill them out? Just undo them...

Daz - The oil burners flying to Bradford tomorrow dunno if its near there
 
Lol, don't worry about it Tom Bradford is a good 30ish miles from me but thanx for the offer :approve: I will get them out tomorrow come hell or high water! ;)
 
yep cheers for the help peeps, got them changed successfully today, took me a little over an hour all in! :approve:
 
Back
Top