ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I won a treble in my 3rd season

Carling Cup, FA Cup and PL

f**ked it up in the CL again in the quarters this time, against f**king RM

Was leading 3-2 (first game was at Madrid) into the second leg, conceded within 10 minutes. Was coasting after that, until De Gea ignored a ball on the edge of the box, and Higuain slotted it in.

Then Phil Jones got sent off. f**king hate when the game does that

Fined him 2 weeks wages for that one, which he accepted.

Also, Rooney wants to leave, and I told him to rot in the reserves, so he's not happy now.

Neymar is signed as I previously mentioned and Hernandez is back from a 4 month injury (with him, I would have probably won the CL easily). Got a few new yoof players coming through, which is nice.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
He's only worth 12mil or so now, he's quite good still :p

I may sell him if he keeps acting up. I need to buy a new DC now. Rio is nearly dead, Jonny Evans went ages ago, Vidic retired. I have Smalling, Jones and Kyle Walker can play DC if needbe.

I love Lamp
Nope. He tried to sell the club once, but then talks broke down.

Maybe he's had a change of heart. :eek:

Tbh, I hardly spend any of my transfer budget. The most I've spent on one player is about 6million, on Taarabt.

Sucks, he will try again.. Mine went through first time to quite a rich guy who expanded stadium to 60k as soon as took over without me asking LOL.. Get about 20-25mill transfer budget now too for being title contenders(even though City have walked the league this season and we were never in contention lol :eek:) but still debateable club finances, only spent 8mill this season to try and have a good year money wise but went out of the Champs League in the groups so didn't quite go to plan :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Old Trafford got expanded to a 90 odd thousand seater stadium at the end of the first season

We very rarely fill it, which is weird (91% average attendance)

I love Lamp
Lol yeah I still get an average of about 51k in the league, only get close to filling it with Champs League games against Barca(I seem to consantly draw them or Real..)

Wilfried, the striker I posted earlier in this thread, is absolute dynamite this season.

Joint top scorer with Rooney and we are now in March.

I said he cost me £4mil, but I checked last night and it was only actually £2.5mil! Result.

LY 182
The game's f**king you over system has gone too over the top for me now lol!

I signed Di Maria and Lucas Moura two awesome players so I should be better. 2-0 up at home to Bolton at HT then the score 3 goals in the second half yes good one. 2-0 up at home to WBA who haven't won a game in 12 or something and they come back to 2-2.

I don't get how this works sometimes. No matter how the game may be working out my tactics, I have the quality to beat such inferior teams surely. Nightmare.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Tevez finally left Citeh at the end of the 3rd season (Was released). Didn't want to join me :p

Went to Boca

The funny thing is, Tevez was their main striker for nearly all of the 3rd season in the end, Aguero and Bibotelli were injured

It does piss me off like that too, but think about it, in real life there are some major upsets and random going-ons!

I mean take last season for example, Newcastle losing 0-4 at home to a far superior Arsenal side. Ended up 4-4.

DCi
I just got the squad depth steam achievement for winning 2 games in a row with totally different starting 11's... had to use a DMC as a right back but o well :D

WR1 impreza
Well ive finally give in and the missus is getting me this for xmas as it was only £15 from Tesco so not long to wait now.

Im coming from Championship manager 01/02 which i upgrade religiously year on year and STILL love it to this day but you guys are worrying me now with all this talk of being f****d over like Mr Pants has been suffering with results. Feel like im going to hate it now cause that will annoy the s**t outta me lol

I wont delete Champs just yet incase haha

Tom

So I was at the good end of mid table - with my eyes on a play-off spot by the end of September, but thanks to a dire run of injuries and my players forgetting what a goal was, never mind where it was - I've slipped to 20th and haven't won in 6 games. Granted they've all been draws but f**k its doing my nut in.

The fact I have around 5 decent first team strikers and one great loanee youngster, and have to rely on a 35 year old for (16) goals is depressing me.

Blah.

Last edited:
  LY 182
Well ive finally give in and the missus is getting me this for xmas as it was only £15 from Tesco so not long to wait now.

Im coming from Championship manager 01/02 which i upgrade religiously year on year and STILL love it to this day but you guys are worrying me now with all this talk of being f****d over like Mr Pants has been suffering with results. Feel like im going to hate it now cause that will annoy the s**t outta me lol

I wont delete Champs just yet incase haha

Tom

No the being fucked over thing just makes you want to come back for me. Although sometimes I do just save it and come back another day.

I adored 01/02. This will be a lot different and takes about 500x longer to do a season but give it a fair crack and you'll love it.

WR1 impreza
Yeah im expecting it to be different and like you say il give it a fair crack of the whip.

Being a Derby fan thats who il start with but im not expecting them to be much cop tbh (realistic lol) so there will be no Hernandez or Nilmar banging in the goals for me .

Keep the posts coming tho guys. Enjoy reading everyones updates

Also has anyone ever purchased the graphic update from Ebay??? Is it worth doing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOOTBALL-...o_Games_JS&hash=item3cbfbd79ba#ht_5137wt_1270

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah im expecting it to be different and like you say il give it a fair crack of the whip.

Being a Derby fan thats who il start with but im not expecting them to be much cop tbh (realistic lol) so there will be no Hernandez or Nilmar banging in the goals for me .

Keep the posts coming tho guys. Enjoy reading everyones updates

Also has anyone ever purchased the graphic update from Ebay??? Is it worth doing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOOTBALL-...o_Games_JS&hash=item3cbfbd79ba#ht_5137wt_1270

I wouldn't

You can find all of that for free

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So after Neymar arrived

Haven't won a game yet

Tactics don't work anymore, team doesn't want to shoot

f**king ridiculous

Sending off first game of the season too, couldn't get any f**king worse :/

I love Lamp
Lol sounds like we are all having a mare of a season at the moment.. I just want mine over with and to steal second place and win the Europa cup (fml).. On a side note Benzema has just bagged his 32nd goal of the season in all comps :) bargain for 3.1mill!! But I am drawing 1-1 with f**king Wigan FFS

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
3 red cards in 3 PL games

Something is seriously f**king wrong this season :/

Another cunting draw because of it

Deleting save, 110 hours is enough, the game has completely f**king lost the plot

I love Lamp
Well thank god that season is over, managed to half rectify it by sneaking second spot and Europa with my 19yrar old st coming good at the end.. City got 101 points.. Got to close a 23 point gap ffs go earn your money scouts!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
A player with 15 pace and 15 acceleration should not f**king stand around and watch the ball go past him, and then pootle back towards the striker, letting the fucker score

This engine makes no f**king sense

I love Lamp
Just checked on Kozlowski and he scored 27 in 25 this season for my u18/ressies with avg rating on 7.76.. Not bad for a 15 year old! He's going to be fecking insane!!!!

Just finished my season. Finished 7th in the end, despite being in the top 4 for most of the season.

Wilfried had a cracking season, finishing top scorer in the league. Also managed this nice acolade..

Wilfried.jpg

Focus ST-3
Just lost to Newcastle

I'm dropping the entire first 11 and transfer listing Neymar

Haha that is extreme!! when i signed Neymar he was shite, then after 5 or so games he is on fire, knocking them in left, right and centre, give him a chance. it was the same with Gotze for me as well, I think they just need a few games to adapt. I lost my first game of the new season, then drew the next 3 but won the next 11 games in a row!!!! and im not talking 1-0 wins, ive been getting regular scores around 4-0 but then i do have RvP, Neymar, Gotze, Hazard and Theo lol

LY 182
Some players can take time to settle. I signed Ozil in January with United and he did very little til the next season.

If my team are struggling I always go with the 'relax and play your natural game' calm style team talk. If you keep hitting I expect a win then they tend to play poorly I've found.

Focus ST-3
Some players can take time to settle. I signed Ozil in January with United and he did very little til the next season.

If my team are struggling I always go with the 'relax and play your natural game' calm style team talk. If you keep hitting I expect a win then they tend to play poorly I've found.

I dont think ive ever used 'I expect a win', i normally use the 'do it for the fans' in different tones for the whole team and then do individual talks which all vary depending on how they are feeling

LY 182
I throw it in every now and again if it's piss poor opponents and I feel like the team could get complacent.

This brings up something that really riles me. When we draw or lose a game we should win easily so you say 'that simply was not good enough' type thing, and they're all motivated etc. f**k off being motivated now you c***s, I wanted you to perform during the game!!

Focus ST-3
I throw it in every now and again if it's piss poor opponents and I feel like the team could get complacent.

This brings up something that really riles me. When we draw or lose a game we should win easily so you say 'that simply was not good enough' type thing, and they're all motivated etc. f**k off being motivated now you c**ts, I wanted you to perform during the game!!

Haha yeh, Ive been there. During the game they are 'looking complacent' or looking de-motivated then after the game they are fired-up!! do one!!!!

I love Lamp
Haha that is extreme!! when i signed Neymar he was s**te, then after 5 or so games he is on fire, knocking them in left, right and centre, give him a chance. it was the same with Gotze for me as well, I think they just need a few games to adapt. I lost my first game of the new season, then drew the next 3 but won the next 11 games in a row!!!! and im not talking 1-0 wins, ive been getting regular scores around 4-0 but then i do have RvP, Neymar, Gotze, Hazard and Theo lol

How did you get all them to arsenal?!?! :eek:

On mine Neymar is at Madrid, Hazard at City, Gotze still not moved.

I have an awful pickle this season upfront :( I have Benzema, a.Hernandez as the main strikers and Leandro who can play ST/AM then I have Dale and Aspergoenous who are 21 and 20 now and both with potential to be better than them 2 but can't decide which to keep and play, I really want to use one as main striker as I love using the youngsters I've trained and it's the only way they will improve, problem is Dale's 21 so a bit further along but Asperogenous doesn't like goin on loan lol.. Can't decide which to send out as without both getting game time one will never reach potential :(