ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

I am losing the will to live with this game atm.

I always play my strongest team in the league, then my back up players in the cups and early stages of Europe.

I played against Chelsea away in the league and won 1-0 with my strongest 11. Then played Villareal away with my weakest 11 and won 2-1. Then played Watford at home with my strongest 11 and lost 3 f**king 0.

I've just got Yaya Sanogo & Lenny Nangis on loan & brought in Kayode Odejayi for this season - they got 51 goals between them last season. If I don't finish in at least the top ten I think I'm done.

Oh, and Man City have just signed Neymar for £44.16 million

DCi
I am losing the will to live with this game atm.

I always play my strongest team in the league, then my back up players in the cups and early stages of Europe.

I played against Chelsea away in the league and won 1-0 with my strongest 11. Then played Villareal away with my weakest 11 and won 2-1. Then played Watford at home with my strongest 11 and lost 3 f**king 0.
maybe you are causing disruptions amongst the squad.

i try to pick the best players available that are over 95% fitness then maybe make 1 or 2 changes if I am trying to wean in a youngster or whatever

I have to play my backup players usually, as my first team squad is usually too tired after a league game. I have without fail 3 games a week in the second half of the season.

I don't know what happened in my last season though, I had an FA Cup Semi Final replay on the Wednesday, then the next day a league game! WTF?! My players were all on 70-80%.

I love Lamp
I have to play my backup players usually, as my first team squad is usually too tired after a league game. I have without fail 3 games a week in the second half of the season.

I don't know what happened in my last season though, I had an FA Cup Semi Final replay on the Wednesday, then the next day a league game! WTF?! My players were all on 70-80%.

What are your fitness coaches like?? If they aren't that good then your players will get fatigued like that. Last season I had prem, Champs League, Carling Cup and Fa Cup runs all to the finals but never really had a problem of being forced to rest players, only on a few occasions after a hard game. Plus I lost Gotze, Hernandez, Benzema all for 5 month spells at the same time for the second half of the season so didn't even have much to rotate lol

I love Lamp
Just had an offer of 40.7mill for Wilshere off City!! Never had such a high offer LOL rejected ;).. Also just seen my wonderkid centre back is valued at 20.5mill now!! Signed him on a free 5 years ago he's now 22 :).. That's how I role ;)

Nice one Birdie. Nothing better than the freebies that are worth massive £££ after a few years.

Signed a regen player, German guy called Hoffman. Got him for free at 17 years old. Scored 37 goals in 40ish games for my Under 18's. Played a few games for the reserves too and bagged a couple of hat tricks. Valued at £3.5mil now after that one season I've had him.

I love Lamp
Awesome mate those are great returns at them levels lol, do you have a feeder club?? I've only got Reading and noone ever wants to go there on loan and board won;t let me have another lol

yeah I was looking at my squad last night and out of my current first team only Wilshere (20 odd mill) and Gotze (27mill) are the only 2 players I have spent over 10mill on to buy :).. Very proud of that as I'm sitting 3 points clear at the top with a game in hand and won a lot of trophies :)

As my teams mostly young I'm going to use all my next transfer budget on 16/17/18 year olds with the highest potential as only got 3 top potential u18s at the moment, likely not to win the U18 league for the first time in 4 years :( lol..

Kozlowski is just 19 now and scored 11 in 19(want to send on loan but all my strikers get injured for months so he played) for me while Asperogenous and Dale have been out.. A.Hernandes has been out for months and Benzema barely gets a game now because of these kids lol..

Oh and I'm about to get taken over AGAIN!! lol.. Just had someone put in bid but they didn't reach an agreement.. Hope for someone a bit richer to get top notch youth and training facilities and I want a new stadium :(.. Working my way towards trying to make decent profits a season, getting some hefty sponship deals coming in now :)

DCi
I'll post one of my Regens later, the coaches rate him highly but I'm not sure why... seems to be getting a lot of player of the months in League 1 though.

I love Lamp
thought I'd post up a couple of screenshots before this season..

As said I was going to recruit youth this window, very happy with my U18 squad this year, lol potential xD
Newcastle United Under 18s (Squad_ Players).png

My two central defenders who were signed for Imperiale Free - Khaduli 2.2mill both in 2016.. Had a 46mill bid for Imperiale off Man City last window and then had a 36.5mill bid from Barca for Khaduli this window xD
Giacomo Imperiale (Overview_ Profile).png
Jafar Khaduli (Overview_ Profile).png

Young striker, scores a hell of a lot signed for 2.2mill in 2014, I'll take one of Kozlowski after this season ,his stats aren't impressive enough yet :p
Giannis Asprogenous (Overview_ Profile).png
Probably the youngster who I tink will take over Wilsheres spot, massive potential, cost 16mill last window
Thomas Cafaro (Overview_ Profile).png

Yeah so... bored and thought this needed a bump LOL

R26
I'm on 2025 lol, the wonder kids I bought are all 30 now lol! (I did get pissed off and go on holidays for 2 years lol)

I love Lamp
Lol I don't mess about ;).. Doesn't take long for seasons tbh, none of this 3D game bs just old dots set almost to quickest, don't do press conferences or friendlies they don't deserve my time haha

DCi
Just got a 4 star potential regen come through and then when I looked at his info it said 'the next emilie heskey' f**k

Great players Birdie. Wish I had some come through like that.

Got a striker atm who's 18, was scoring goals for fun for my Under 18's last season so sent him to Hull on loan in the Championship. Scored 12 goals for them in 9 games so far!

I got Kakuta last night for £8mil at the start of the 2016/17 season from a Turkish side.

January 1st, Chelsea make a bid of £15.5mil. He has only played 11 games for me so far!

I love Lamp
Bump :)

Well I've now won the champions league 5 years in a row LOL we are a great tournament team xD but league form has dropped, not won that for 3 seasons :( Started this year with a 2-0 win over City then lost to West ham as freaking always so didn't really take advantage at all.. Not sure what to do as I'm trying to not go and spend big money as I want to try and get the club massively profitable.. I'm bored of my 60k seater stadium too but they won't build me a new one :(

Think it might be time to take a national job on when they next come up to have a break from newcastle, but then I've been there 12 years and done so much don't want someone cocking it up or losing my great players :\

DCi
I'm doing both england and liverpool in mine... currently my 19 year old regen is outscoring 40mils worth of leandro daimao

but at least we are scoring...undefeated in the league in feb ;) My squad is awesome and lots of English in it too.

I'm going to do either the euros or the wc whichever is coming up then resign, it takes too long and england are pants.

I love Lamp
Yeah Iain doing both can be a killer, I normally just do one job and on internationals go on holiday between games, that failed once as was on holiday through that random pants tournament of best teams of the continents (forget what it's called), as it wasn't on my fixtures at the time and got me sacked lol

I can't get a decent league run going like that for years though, I keep getting 50 odd mill transfer budgets but only spend about 10mill net because of trying to get stadium funds..

Hmm yeah simple thing would be such a difference ak lol, I'm on windows laptop though :(

I love Lamp
Bar steward I'm so jealous :( lol

I so want a new stadium!!! can you printscreen your finances?? I want to know how much you have/get over a season to compare to mine lol..

Mine keep rejecting saying they don't see a reason too, think I need a bigger fan base than a measily 60k seater stadium but not sure how to get one :mad: You would think winning the CL 5 times in a row and being 2nd biggest club in Europe would give you a decent freaking fan base :(

DCi
I'll do it later but I think I was at about 175mil when they did it - i didnt ask. They did a big loan to cover it as well so that will cripple me for a bit.

Still got a transfer budget of around 100 mil lol :D

I love Lamp
Wow lol.. Cheers I'd like to see your graph :O My balance gets up to about 90mill at start of season then down to -10m at worst point of year before start getting the tv money and that back in.. This year I've only spent 11mil so should have a good year financially.. Hope to break 100m for first time ever as club at end of the season :)

DCi
transfer spends:

season
1: 14mil out, none in
2: 40 out, 7 in
3: 57 out, 20 in
4: 50 out, 1 in
5: 77 out, 34 in
6: 1 out, 1 in
Stadium construction started here

vE04k.png

I love Lamp
Very impressive finances Iain.. I can't get near that haha, I'm not sure where all my money goes during the season but it has a big drop early on lol xD..

These are mine anyways, steady but nothing special, hoping the big sponsirship deal will go up again this year :)
Newcastle (Boardroom_ Finances).png

M16a
Question..

How do you make the screen still show the taskbar? As mine always goes full screen and it's a pain in the arse changing to and from constantly..

Cheers!

Something wierd happened. I played this practically for days on end to bring a bit of success to Oldham. Got them promoted, and havent touched it in weeks.

True story.

I love Lamp
Flol jam.. I had that before I got back into it, played it and made toon epic then just suddenly stopped for month, went back to it and hooked again.. Not sure how it works like that lol

And yeah like Cookie said Cam, You need to be running a decent res too which is why mine isn't windowed as its on a s**tty old laptop at 104x768 but then I don't use that for anything else so it's ok.. Think it would die if I tried to run something else as all it does is run FM, it only sleeps when I'm done as takes 10 mins to load FM if I closed it lol

Last edited:
  I love Lamp
Carlão (Overview_ Attributes)-2.png
Not a bad return for the lads debut season for my 13.25mill signing lol,his goals/games in the league haha xD

Simon Bird (News_ Inbox).png
Just been offered the Barca job too, very tempted, never seen a transfer budget like that hah

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not as streamline as years gone past and I really don't understand the contracts. It's either their terms or nothing is that right?

You can offer them your own terms, and keep counter-offering when they come back with theirs. It's a PITA, but eventually they take what you offer (usually).

Use the 'lock' symbol so that certain parts of the contract can't be negotiated such as wage, length etc.

Just bought this and a new 5m HDMI cable so I can sit on the couch and play it on the big screen. :)

Anyone got the January update, if so worth getting?

Also players to buy in the first season, Birdie sounds like you know some :)

I love Lamp
Flol I can't remember that far back xD what club are you going to be?? Not sure which of mine were regents or not haha