ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Footwell lights

1.2 16v Extream, Black
Hey ive got some bluestrip lights under my footwells, were would the best place to tap in to get a live feed from i only want them to work wen the doors are open and turn off wen they shut.

so i was thinking the light up on roof but there is 3 wires which one would i need to take the feed from there is a red black and white wire, im thinkin the red but not 100% sure

Any help welcome:D

Cheers Chris

Sorry for the repeat only just saw thread further down :(

Last edited:
  225 powered mk2
yea the interior light is your best bet, i would say Red wire aswel, but just get a multi meter on it to test which wire is which.

1.2 16v Extream, Black
yea the interior light is your best bet, i would say Red wire aswel, but just get a multi meter on it to test which wire is which.

cheers wat i was thinking is gettin one of the plastic blocks pu the feed for the light in one side and the wire going down too footwell and the wire goin to light in same side would it worl like that :S im new too this tuff lol sorry if bein stupid

Chris

"Navy" N17 TWO
Wire your lights to their own kill-switch; that way you can have them on without having any other lights on :)

More pics of the car? The one on your profile looks wicked

Sarcasm Dave?
Or are you looking for a snowplough now for the winter lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
Oh right sorry :eek: ;)

@ the OP - not a fan of the bumper so I'm glad you have it off lol

The lights in the footwells are handy if you do drop something down there, I think that's the only reason I had them in my last car when I had the ICE in.
Might stick them into the 172 as well, haven't thought about it yet TBH.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Run them off a live feed from the battery maybe?

I had mine installed along with alarm & other bits so didn't do it myself.
The switch was just a basic on/off switch in the dash pocket beside the headlight level adjuster, along with my alarm & sub volume control :)

Someone on here will have more knowledge about car electrics and point you in the right direction :)