ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those that have ever attended a meet.

Mates think it's sad that I go to meets and spend so much time on the Clio.

They go to football and spend double on tickets etc. . . same thing . . . !

I used to go to meets when I didn't have a clio (i'd sold it) for me it's all about the people & catching up etc. I don't really give a stuff about cars, if someone has a new motor or has done some new mods i'll go & see and chat about it etc. All in all banter etc wins for me.

I hate footie & have no intererst in it at all, it's each to their own imo.

SG9 Forester STi
Dont think mine would give a crap, all the girls think im mental and the rest of my mates are into cars so it's all good. If you enjoy the meets then dont worry what your mates say lol.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I used to take my irl mates along to Clio meets. Been on quite a few. I remember my cambelt snapping on the way down to the star city meet :(

Clio
I get abuse all the time from mates, they dont understand why i would go to a car park and meet people i dont actually know. They call me a middleclassed chav for doing this. Also the usual, your a bellend.

If i dont go out one night they assume im spending the night on CS.

However they dont mind browsing the NWS threads on general chat.

Tbh, surely its normal to be interested in cars, so why not go to meets?

Last edited:

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Im one of the lucky ones my friends all want to come along usually have 2 with me lol
have a list ticking off whos been ;)
well maybe slight exageration

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
"Clio Friend"

3461604727_1a8028c4ba.jpg

Mates though, no one really care and take the piss a little bit! Even if they did I'd still do it!

PMSL, my mates are like this.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nearly all my mates are into cars tbh so no issues here, if there was I just tell them to stfu and take the piss out of something that they are interested in?