ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those who've removed the footwell bracing.....

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The strip that runs from the pedals back towards the seat. How the hell do you remove it?!

I tried my spot weld drill which didn't even make a dent, ground a couple of welds, still nothing.

I have a 6mm spot weld drill so I think this may be a bit small. Any other thoughts?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You need a 10mm bit for it and it really is a horrible job! Took a lot of hours
I thought it might Ash. Wish I never started!

I'm doing it as it's a pointless lump of steel and my car is a bare bones track car. I wouldn't bother though if you're
Wondering!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
My 6mm is Wurth. Tough as old boots. I stuck a hole in the boot floor on my first go. Oops!

My 6mm is Wurth. Tough as old boots. I stuck a hole in the boot floor on my first go. Oops!
Yes they are impressive, lol I did the same in a few places but welded them back up :)
Any idea of the weight of the bracing? Im all out of weight saving ideas.
I have got it still on my scrap pile so I will try and weigh it tomorrow if I remember. It's surprisingly heavy! I've been weighing lots of bits today and the biggest killer on the Clio is the doors they are crazy heavy!