ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford engine noise help!!!!

53 Clio's & counting
My other halfs 52 plate Focus ST170 has just started making a really funny noise, the easiest way i can explain it, is its a slow rotation noise and from inside the car it sounds like a plunger sucking off something over and over :S

Iv traced the noise to this box that bolts to the bulkhead, it has a few pipes coming off it and an electrical plug.

Anyone have a clue what it is?

DSC01169.jpg

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Deffo come from there? I've heard of this noise coming from the airbox on them (i joined a forum when i was thinking of buying one years ago)

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Quicky search has come up with IMRC module? Maybe have a google for that, apprently a common issue. (I may have been searching for the wrong thing though)

53 Clio's & counting
Quicky search has come up with IMRC module? Maybe have a google for that, apprently a common issue. (I may have been searching for the wrong thing though)

jusr searched, your spot on, cheers mate! Will chase the cabe round, if thats not the problem il replace the IMRC

53 Clio's & counting
Sold the 182 to a really nice couple, he has reg'd on here too, the ST was a part ex in at work, jumped on it as soon as it came in, 2 owners from new, full history, just had cambelt, full service, clutch and 4 new bridgestones on 1000 miles before i bought it!