ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Focus RS : day 123 : Collecting the BMW 440i

2 completely different motors, the BM is more of a GT therefore more civilised, yet you can have a hoot when you wanted to. The RS is a technical marvel and no doubt more fun when you're in the mood, but for a daily seems a bit to hardcore for me.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I see one in the same colour on my way to work tonight, I can't help but think it would look better in a darker colour.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
2 completely different motors, the BM is more of a GT therefore more civilised, yet you can have a hoot when you wanted to. The RS is a technical marvel and no doubt more fun when you're in the mood, but for a daily seems a bit to hardcore for me.

The 4 had to be dumbed down a little or else it would tread on the toes of the pukka M4...When I get to drive it I expect it to feel just as you describe...a fast civilised GT that can get a little lairy when it's called for.

I see one in the same colour on my way to work tonight, I can't help but think it would look better in a darker colour.

Darker would have been my choice as well...but they had this one coming through and Gordon was happy enough with it.

Yea its a proper girly cheap colour imo.

It's free!

Ah Cooper Cobham, the shower of f*cktards that took 10 attempts to fix my M135is seat & fan. I sincerely hope he never has any problems with the car lol ...

LOL I'll let him know. We've got a dealership down here anyway so I doubt it'll ever have to go back there.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on what they go for but surely at 52k list he'd of been better off going for an M? Granted he only paid 42 but as with all beemers the absolute arse is going to fall out of it over the next 2 years.

Nice car though, nobody can do 6 cylinder like BMW. Although the fact they think those seats are acceptable in a £40k car is a JOKE.

B9 Audi A4 Sport
I love the colour on that. It's even better that it's free! Looks BMW Individual to me. Much better than the usual boring free paint choices i.e. Black, white, grey, silver, etc.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely spec but a HIDEOUS colour choice. 😢
It reminds me of a late-90s RAV4.
884085031.jpg

Evo 5 RS

Sounds epic, I adore my mates 135i and would happily own one (whilst every day wishing I had a 1M but that's besides the point?)

And yes my 12 year old hack leaves it in the dust but that's not the point, either :tongueout:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Modern cars lately have got a lot faster haven't they, I don't mean Nissan micras or anything but these kind of mid range saloons.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Modern cars lately have got a lot faster haven't they, I don't mean Nissan micras or anything but these kind of mid range saloons.

They have indeed. I got torn a new one by a CDi Merc today. I was in the wrong gear, should've bought an auto etc.

I expect the 440i will feel every bit as quick, and probably a fair bit quicker than my RS when I get a go in it. Mind you, even my Fiesta ST felt faster than the RS LOL

5.4 seconds to 62 from a big, heavy coupe is not that quick?
For the cost of them they aren't that quick, and I'd expect much, much more for a £50k car. You can pick up a 12 year old 335i for £5k these days which will be just as quick in the real world.

B9 Audi A4 Sport
Again, slow probably wasn't the best choice of words. It's a luxury barge that goes 'well', it's just not exciting
I mean exciting is subjective and means different things to different people. You'd really have to drive one to make that kind of judgement. I will say that all German cars that i've driven have all feel very similar and clinical, so i do see where you're coming from there.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, if I'm using the 135i as a comparison that's definitely a good description. Again, I'd happily own one, but it is what it is - horses for courses

B9 Audi A4 Sport
Yeah, if I'm using the 135i as a comparison that's definitely a good description. Again, I'd happily own one, but it is what it is - horses for courses
The M135i was also a bargain when it first came out. I'm not sure what the prices are now on the M135i LCI/M140i but it's alot of car for the money, either way.

B9 Audi A4 Sport
For the cost of them they aren't that quick, and I'd expect much, much more for a £50k car. You can pick up a 12 year old 335i for £5k these days which will be just as quick in the real world.
The 4 Series in general is an expensive car. It doesn't surprise me that, when they chuck the engine from the M140i in there, they reflect it in the price accordingly. It's still a quick car though, regardless.

Also, BMW can and will do generous discounts on cars as such as these, so you'd probably never pay 50k anyway. Either that or they end up doing cheap lease/PCP deals on them.

Evo 5 RS
The M135i was also a bargain when it first came out. I'm not sure what the prices are now on the M135i LCI/M140i but it's alot of car for the money, either way.
You can pick the earlier ones up for a fair steal now, lower end of the market seen them at 12k