ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forum Noob

Clio 172, Octavia RS
Hello from a warmer part of the world!

Not new to the Renaultsport world, had an R26 some years ago, and recently sold my 250 to make way for something a little more practical. Luckily I have my 172 to keep the dream alive. The 172 is a road legal track car, which is much trickier to do in my part of the world (nanny state to the extreme!). It's an early Ph2 with ESP, but no cruise. Just under 200,000km on the clock, so no spring chicken, and it's service history is patchy to say the least.

Car is currently halfway to being 'sorted'. I started with the chassis, so at present it is running the following spec:

Engine:
- K&N filter in OEM airbox
- RSTuner remap
- Otherwise bog standard

Chassis:
- Ds2500 pads all round
- DBA slotted rotors on the front, standard rears
- Whiteline rear bar
- PMS solid mounts and brace
- SPAX coilovers
- Fresh Powerflex bushes for all suspension expect rear beam mounts
- Team Dynamics 1.2's with AO50's for track work, OEM 15" wheels and RE002's for the road

Inside:
- Rear of the car is stripped (carpet, speakers, belts etc)
- Locally built half cage
- Standards seats lowered with spacer removal. Have to keep the standard seats in for the road, as it is illegal to reduce the number of airbags a car has in Australia...
- Bucket seat currently being installed along with harness for the track

So still very much a work in progress, but I have a fair bit lined up for her in the coming months :)

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome! Some people in the uk don't appreciate how lucky we are in regards to modifying :)

Clio 172, Octavia RS

Not wrong, red tape every which way you turn over here. 6-point cage, illegal, harnesses, illegal, wheel spacers, illegal, increase to track width greater than 25mm, illegal... the list goes on haha! The most frustrating part is people can drive around in a diabolical old Hilux that rusted through and has tyres worn to canvas and almost never get pulled up on it. Lower a car (with good quality suspension) and put aftermarket wheels on it (with good quality tyres) and your an instant target - laughable really...