ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3 Super Elite..

BMW F31
hi guys, need your help.

i have an original launch box which is very noisy and also the 20gb hdd is too small now.

i have the option to get the forza 3 super elite for £225, now i have mw2 prestige on pre-order so i was thinking, get the FM3 SE, sell FM3 to a mate (as i already own the LCE now), pre-order mw2 and use the money from selling FM3 to buy MW2.

that means i would've ended up spending £120 for the prestige so £225-£120 = £105, minus £40 FM3 = £65 which means i should be able to get rid of my premium for that much on fleabay and get a new elite for effectively £0.

lol that seems complicated now i've written it lol.

what do you think? worth it?

Sneeks have you got your FM3 SE yet?

BMW F31
not sure.

im deffo getting mine tonight or tomorrow as the £225 price is from a friend who works for a video games company, he wants the copy of forza 3 and his bro wants my launch premium console.

happy days :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
Sneeks have you got your FM3 SE yet?

Yes, it arrived at midday.

766ec9d0.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, i've been toying with buying this, struggling to justify the £250 for a bigger hard drive and a black case at the moment.

ph1 titanium 172
well i've only gone and done it havent i ! placed the £20 deposit down at GAME in town, should be picking up the Elite bundle tomorrow !

Still concerned i'm wasting money buying a 360 just for one game, I have a PS3 as well, but fed up with waiting for Polyphony to sort GT5 out.

Only thing now is how I square it with the missus, most computer upgrades are stealth, this will take some top class manoeuvring :)

^ i have done the same collect tomorrow.

Can not wait. I also have some explaining to do ;) No doubt be making up for it at bluewater on saturday booooooo

ph1 titanium 172

Can not wait. I also have some explaining to do ;) No doubt be making up for it at bluewater on saturday booooooo

makes me feel a whole load better knowing someone else will need to go through the agony of explaining it !

i'm going to be down at GAME in the morning, then i got a whole day of work to get through, it's going to be painful !

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thankfully I'm single so do not need to explain myself :D

I do have a PS3 and even though I bought this for one game it'll be nice to have the choice now of which platform to buy some games on.

makes me feel a whole load better knowing someone else will need to go through the agony of explaining it !

i'm going to be down at GAME in the morning, then i got a whole day of work to get through, it's going to be painful !

I feel your pain dude,

Im going to be looking at it whilst sat at work, Prob go for a hour long s**t to read the booklets inside ect lol. Will be like a 5 year old at x mass

Also look at it this way, she gets the ump as you bought it, So wont talk to you and not want to be around you, So you know theres a few hours gaming un-disturbed. ;) then u get make up sex on a friday night too ;)

MY10 R35 GTR
well i've only gone and done it havent i ! placed the £20 deposit down at GAME in town, should be picking up the Elite bundle tomorrow !

Still concerned i'm wasting money buying a 360 just for one game, I have a PS3 as well, but fed up with waiting for Polyphony to sort GT5 out.

Only thing now is how I square it with the missus, most computer upgrades are stealth, this will take some top class manoeuvring :)

Ive done the exact same.

Just need to make some room for it. lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Home from the football later tonight and then a bit of a late night session on F3 :)

Hopefully I'll get some sleep before work in the morning.

dk

911 GTS Cab
can anyone tell me if i can use my old component cable still from my old skool 360 as the amp i have has no more hdmi sockets left and my tv only has 1 hdmi (which the amp is connected into) so i need to use component and separate optical into the amp for sound.

can you use a separate optical when using the HDMI as on my console its part of the component lead? theres no optical onboard like the ps3?

BMW F31
Yeah it comes with a component cable which has tos link on it from memory.

If you want to use hdmi and tos link then you need the cable I bought tonight which is an official xbox hdmi cable and tos/RCA dongle. Currys had it for £19.99

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
iv just bought a premium 360 on the cheap so i can play Forza tommorow, and the cable for picture has TV and HDTV .. switched to HDTV and theres no pictures atall..

theres no room for a hdmi connection onit sadly,

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have now unpacked my Super Elite and set it up, typically it needs a update before I can even use it :D I'm sure I recall 360 owners laughing at the PS3 needing to do this from new!!

Installing F3 disc 1 now :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Bugger just realised that I need to create a new account to use the 1 month Live Gold trial. Not sure I can be bothered to do that.

SQ5
If I've got a years subscription on My old xbox, what happens when I migrate to the new xbox? Does it go with gamertag when you recover it or does it stick to the console?!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've bought a 1 month Gold membership on the Live website which is now showing on the website as active but its not updated onto my 360 gamertag on the console. Any ideas or does it simply take a while to update?

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
iv just bought a premium 360 on the cheap so i can play Forza tommorow, and the cable for picture has TV and HDTV .. switched to HDTV and theres no pictures atall..

theres no room for a hdmi connection onit sadly,
You need to set it to HD in the console settings I believe but the problem here I reckon is that you are trying to get a HD signal through the composite leads on the cable whereas to get HD you need to use the component connections (RGB - red, green and blue cables) or a VGA cable to your tv.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've bought a 1 month Gold membership on the Live website which is now showing on the website as active but its not updated onto my 360 gamertag on the console. Any ideas or does it simply take a while to update?
Hmmm, not sure, most people buy them off eBay, the code is normally sent to you within minutes and you put it in and are up and running. Why did you buy a month when the console comes with a free month I thought, is it not a scatch card month and just the month when you sign up for a new account?

Citroen DS3 DSport
No the month only applies to a new gamertag and I still have my gamertag from 2 years ago which I wish to continue using. I paid £4.99 for 1 month and next month I'll buy a 12 month subscription from one of the cheap online sites.

I got my Gold status to update on the 360 by deleting and restoring the gamertag info.