ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

The Bus and MRT
I want to wait until the full game is released before renewing my gold subscription. When does the demo come out on silver?

I have a 48 hour trial card for Gold membership if you want it... you'll have to sign up with a seperate account as it's only valid with new ones but it's better than waiting a week for the demo to come out on silver ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
March can come and go. GT5?

Yeah I understand all of that, but I couldn't work out if you were being sarcastic about Forza 3 being awesome or not, what with your screen cap comment et al. I'm more believing you actually do think it's a great game.

I haven't played it yet :dapprove:

Revels Mum & Sister
Roy will be too busy complaining about frame rates and AA comparing it to his uber PC to actually play, then 5 days later he will quit playing because of the Xbox 360 controller ;)

Revels Mum & Sister
f**k me just play the b*****d honestly. I wish I had enough time to sit there and actually pick nits in things like this!

Roy will be too busy complaining about frame rates and AA comparing it to his uber PC to actually play, then 5 days later he will quit playing because of the Xbox 360 controller ;)

Well considering it runs at 60fps that's not likely. The graphics are as I expected. Pretty f**king good, but obviously nothing like the screen caps, and there is some aliasing (to be expected). Also, the 360 pad is pretty good. Far better than the two slippery dildos and tic tac triggers of the PS3 effort.

What stands out, again as expected, is the drive. There's a serious level of simulation in the handling. You can actually feel the car moving around underneath you. It's like you know how much grip each wheel has, and you genuinely s**t yourself if the balance shifts too much. You have to be very smooth with everything. Pretty bloody close to real track driving. Or, as close as you'll get in your living room.

It's so good, I wonder if PD have played it and s**t themselves before deciding GT5 needs serious work. Compared to prologue at least, the depth of handling in FM3 makes the former seem like Outrun. No jokes.

A few people now have said that they wonder if the "we can release any time now" shifting to "march 2010, we're 65% done" is a result of them feeling pressured by Forza 3 and that they need more time to pull something out which will better it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
decided I needed to ring the Mrs and get this downloading while I was at work, expecting it to take forever, as it took my mate nearly 3 hours (started approx 11:30am), so wanted it ready for when I got home

but she just rung me back and it took less then 15 mins

so either I was lucky, or it's my fast internet, or there were not many people downloading at the same time

whatever it was, 6pm can't come soon enough!!! :cool:

Revels Mum & Sister
Well considering it runs at 60fps that's not likely. The graphics are as I expected. Pretty f**king good, but obviously nothing like the screen caps, and there is some aliasing (to be expected). Also, the 360 pad is pretty good. Far better than the two slippery dildos and tic tac triggers of the PS3 effort.

What stands out, again as expected, is the drive. There's a serious level of simulation in the handling. You can actually feel the car moving around underneath you. It's like you know how much grip each wheel has, and you genuinely s**t yourself if the balance shifts too much. You have to be very smooth with everything. Pretty bloody close to real track driving. Or, as close as you'll get in your living room.

It's so good, I wonder if PD have played it and s**t themselves before deciding GT5 needs serious work. Compared to prologue at least, the depth of handling in FM3 makes the former seem like Outrun. No jokes.

Knew you would bite sexy ;)

Revels Mum & Sister
I do actually.

Well I went home and put in new login details into the router and not working :(

FFS I just want to download Forza LOL. On the plus side I noticed my Sync at 16678

Homo spec mazda
Its really really bloody good.

At first I was a bit "meh" about it, took the mini out and tried cocking a wheel but no joy yet, went through the cars, didnt enjoy the california and the gt3 didnt seem to enjoy the bumpy track. Then i gave each a go, on hard with just ABS on, and its mint, as mentioned the level of simulation is immense, watching the replay and seeing all the cars hurdle the crest on the first lap side by side flat knacker is so so good.

Bring on the full thing and many drunken nights playing online.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yeah as soon as I saw 2 laps I thought that, pretty sh*t really. 3 laps on the first demo (Forza 2) was bad enough.

Are there any walls on this demo that are likely to be put in place on full circuit though Lee, that's the question?

;)

I've also noticed that if I use bumper cam, it feels all wrong. As though there's a car swinging around behind you. You don't feel like you're driving. Switch to in-car and all is well. Pretty f**king clever programming. This game may make me invest in a chair and wheel for the x360 :eek:

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah as soon as I saw 2 laps I thought that, pretty sh*t really. 3 laps on the first demo (Forza 2) was bad enough.

Are there any walls on this demo that are likely to be put in place on full circuit though Lee, that's the question?

;)

LOL, Mugello all over again.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Run round it the wrong way that'll give you more laps lol

There's a guy on ForzaCentral who's done this. LOL.

He also tried to dispell the handling dissers, by claiming once the tyres have warmed up, you can get the back end out a bit easier. He did a donut session in the Porsche which actually had a big effect on the tyres and how the car handled therefore after. Incredible. So much detail gone into this.

No wonder Michellin were so impressed.

Nissan Jewk
I'm liking this game... though I must confess, I did try and have the biggest accident possible... I take it you can't write the car off? Everytime I rolled it, it somehow landed back on its wheels and kept going, albeit with a mashed gearbox!