ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

I easily got the mini well out of shape over crests and with heavy braking or lift off oversteer.

Still need to make an effort with the time trial, had a 20 minute blast again earlier before the batteries in my pad died.

This clip imo shows well how good the sound is shaping up to be on Forza 3, better than the hairdryer powered GT5 cars.
[YOUTUBE]W6oGNewnlH8[/YOUTUBE]

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
TBH I love it!... I was the one a while back that slated the fact that it doesn't have Night/Day cycles etc... but playing the demo for me totally changed my mind tbh. I have only played the demo once as I want to really get into the full game as soon as my LM Edition gets shipped.

A4 Avant
Just preordered it off shopto. No free voucher code, but oh well. Never bought from them before, I presume you get billed just before shipping?

New car every day from now til release apparently!
Counting Down Till Forza 3

With a new car everyday.

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 9.28.2009

It seems like a short time ago when Forza Motorsport 3 was officially announced at the E3 Expo in LA to excited car lovers and gamers around the world. Today we sit in the midst of the worldwide Forza 3 demo, with less than a month to go before the full experience of Forza Motorsport 3 arrives to a store near you. This is a very big moment for Turn 10 Studios, and we couldn’t think of a better way to countdown the days than to showcase what has brought us all together…our universal love for cars.
Join us as we showcase some of the hottest cars in Forza Motorsport 3 over the next four weeks. Every day we will be revealing a new car with historical information and sexy screenshots to help tide you over until Forza 3 lands in your town this October. Every car in our game is special and unique in its own way, and we want to share our excitement and unconditional love for cars with you.
As always check back daily for the latest dosage of automotive hotness. For now sit back, relax and enjoy the ride as we countdown to Forza Motorsport 3.
The 2008 Koenigsegg CCGT

COD_1_thumba.jpg
Christian von Koenigsegg founded his car company on pure passion, intense innovation and a desire to build dreams. The company was launched in 1994 and work began straight away on a two-seat, mid-engine, hardtop supercar. The prototype was painstakingly developed and stole the show when it debuted at, of all places, the 1997 Cannes Film Festival. Based on this successful showing Koenigsegg prepared for production which involved passing certification and setting up a proper production line. A pre-production CC prototype was displayed at the 2000 Paris Motor Show and in 2001 “Car and Driver” magazine tested the car and gave rave reviews. In 2002 Koenigsegg delivered its first customer CC 8S at the Geneva Motor Show and delivered a total run of five for the year.
In 2003 a fire forced the factory to move to a former Swedish Air Force base near Angelholm, Sweden. The hangars were a great fit for manufacturing and the accompanying runway provided ample room for a much needed test track. Development of the 806-horsepower CCR was well under way in 2004 and it made a splash at the Geneva Auto Show. The CCR dethroned the McLaren F1 as the world’s fastest production car in 2005 and held the title for about a year before the Bugatti Veyron edged it out.
The CCX is still the fourth fastest production car in the world however, with a top speed of 245 mph. The CCGT that is available in Forza Motorsport 3 joins the CC 8S for a double dosage of Swedish performance. The CCGT is a specially modified Le Mans racing model of the CCX configured to ACO/FIA GT-1 regulations. The changes included de-fanging this supercar by removing the twin Rotrex superchargers, altering the tuning strategy and upping displacement from 4.7 liters to 5.0 liters. This lowers output from 806 horsepower to 630 which will be air-restricted to 600 as the car moves closer to competition. The CCX and CCGT engines are not reworked Ford V8s as in past models, rather they are build from the ground-up by Koenigsegg’s Angelholm assembly plant.
KoenigseggCCGT_art1.jpg

The CC line features a cutting edge carbon fiber monocoque chassis and carbon fiber body panels. Consequently, unlike most race car conversions, Koenigsegg had to add weight to its vehicle. Regulations set minimum weight at 1,100 kgs and the CCGT tipped the scales at a mere 1,000 kg. Light and nimble the CCGT promises to be an engaging, edge of your seat drive in Forza Motorsport 3.
2008 Koenigsegg CCGT Screenshot Gallery

KoenigseggCCGT_art3.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art4.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art2.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art6.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art7.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art8.jpg

Race cars are pretty basic tbh and you'll probably only see the digital dash, top of the wheel and the outline of the dashtop when playing in game (for those using cockpit view) anyway so not the end of the world.

For those that didnt see the Kaido info (I know most of you poke about at the various sources now)
Forza Pitpass Report: Fujimi Kaido

A Drifter’s Paradise

Landin Williams and Evan Griffey, 9.24.2009

Forza Motorsport’s powerslide-inducing Fujimi Kaido track is back by popular demand and it’s better than ever. In Forza Motorsport 3 the twisty canyon road is a full-lap circuit that features the same dramatic elevation changes, sensuous banked curves, aggressive linked switchbacks that made the original classic a hit among racer and drifters alike. Kaido is back, and with an entirely new side of the mountain; Forza Motorsport 3’s Fujimi Kaido is double the distance…double the awesome.
See the official Fujimi Kaido Trailer here.

kaido_art_3.jpg

The main Fujimi Kaido circuit encompasses 10.2 miles and numerous back-to-back multi-apex turns highlighted by sheer drop-offs, lush vista views and blind exits. The new circuit has also been divided into four stages, consisting of sections ranging from 2.2 miles to 3.1 miles, which can be driven individually in either direction. Easily the most technically challenging track in Forza Motorsport 3, Fujimi Kaido is a favorite among fans and Turn 10 Dev’s alike, which is why we went all out to bring Kaido to the next level. Kaido’s “new side” features tighter, more dynamic turns and far less margin of error thanks to a narrower road surface. Drifters will relish the aggressive angles of attack that Fujimi demands but with its steep downhill stages even slower cars can get in on the action. The key to conquering Fujimi is handling and being able to manage momentum through the corners.
kaido_art_1.jpg

An all-new 5.4-mile hill climb stage and accompanying downhill stage have been added but the older 4.8-mile version from FM1 has also been retained for veteran drifting aficionados that want to test the mettle of FM3’s new cars with a familiar friend. Other new design elements include a signature waterfall, a roadside river, a Japanese village and various other high-definition treats that give the circuit a Japanese feel missing from the original. To take things even further for Kaido’s triumphant return, Turn 10’s track team took inspiration for the various mountain passes of Japan, many of which are featured in the popular Initial D anime series. Road surfaces, road markings, surrounding vegetation and details like buildings, bridges, aqueducts, tunnels, radar domes and power line towers are literally based on real Japanese structures in the Kita Kantou region of Japan. The environment looks so real you’re expecting Godzilla to emerge from a ravine and throw a power tower at you.
Consider this a tip of the hat from Turn 10 studios to our growing community. Fujimi Kaido. Yeah…it’s back!

Race cars are pretty basic tbh and you'll probably only see the digital dash, top of the wheel and the outline of the dashtop when playing in game (for those using c**kpit view) anyway so not the end of the world.

I think he means in quality mate rather than sparseness!

It does look lame but at least T10 have realised they can't bullshit anymore.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
is the caparo gonna be on it???

(such a long thread sorry if its been mentioned already... but did a search and it didnt come up)

Some seem better than others, same as the car models themselves so I wonder if it's down to who makes each car seeing as they are outsourced to various different parties.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
The demo just keeps getting better and better the more I play it. I was always an abs and auto man on f2 but this one handles so much better they are no longer required!
All I wanted was forza 2 with a few more tracks and a few more cars but this is going to be so much more!

Bit of luck this kind of thing will stop some of the resident rallycross experts from pulling cheeky moves ;)

[YOUTUBE]pcTGEzNnKqQ[/YOUTUBE]

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Forza 3 Cuts Dynamic Gifting

Everyone will get the same cars.

by Hilary Goldstein

US, September 28, 2009 - Forza Motorsport 3 hits stores at the end of October, but we at IGN already have our retail builds. Jealous? You should be. As those who've been following our Forza 3 coverage already know, Forza gifts gamers a car for each Driver Level earned up through Level 50. The original idea was that the game would dynamically choose your gifts so that people earned different cars based on their initial choices in the career mode. This has changed.

Forza 3 still gives you a new car with each level earned, but it's no longer dynamic. Everyone earns the same cars along the way. Turn10 explained the change to us:
This feature was changed during the 11th hour by the Turn 10 design leads due to balancing issues. Basically, based on the initial car you picked, certain gifting paths would throw off the overall balance of progression during season play. The feature was cut for no other reason than to ensure design balance as players progress through the game. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your readers, but as you know, it's not uncommon for features to change or be cut during the development process (even near the end of it) to make sure that the final game provides the best possible player experience.